2017 Final Four Logo Unvieled

sportsfan0518

The NCAA unveiled the 2017 Final Four logo earlier today. Just like the 2016 logo, it continues to build off the new template the NCAA implemented last year.

However, unlike this year's Final Four logo, this one screams Arizona and Phoenix:

phx-final-four-logo.jpg

I wasn't sure how I felt about the new template when the Houston logo was unveiled, but I love this logo. It is also great to see the Final Four head West of Texas. What do you guys think?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Oooh boy, that's a really nice logo. It captures the Arizona look very, very well. It's going to look very good as a patch as well, and I can imagine the court design and stadium decor to go along with it will be great as well. I'm definitely a fan.

Also, I'll say it (not intending to derail, but make a point to the standard the NCAA has set for templated(?) championship branding): the NFL needs to pay some hard attention to the Final Four branding and get thier Super Bowl crap figured out. Something even remotely close in idea to what the NCAA is doing would be a vast improvement.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Final Four template hasn't bothered me as much as the Super Bowl one big reason. Its well done, fairly free of trend, and brings in local elements in a big way while the NFL one is pretty meh, its going off trends from 2010, and only uses stadium images as its local elements (very well done stadium illustrations to be fair).

Also, I'll say it (not intending to derail, but make a point to the standard the NCAA has set for templated(?) championship branding): the NFL needs to pay some hard attention to the Final Four branding and get thier Super Bowl crap figured out. Something even remotely close in idea to what the NCAA is doing would be a vast improvement.

I concur. All the NFL needs to ahve is a uniform style, but throw in some local inspiratation like the Final Four and I'll be OK.

The system is the brainchild of an legendary lineup of sports designers in Todd Radom, Joe Bosak, Skye Dillon, Frasor Davidson, and TJ Harley. ...and those guys have produced a system that is superb. This one is a home run. I thought I loved the Houston logo, and this one tops it so well.

I like this a lot. I wonder if they will start changing up the logo for the Football Final Four

It's not called the Final Four in football. Just the College Football Playoff.

The College Football Playoff is not a sanctioned event by the NCAA. The 1-AA FCS championship will most likely go with this format though.

I like this a lot. I wonder if they will start changing up the logo for the Football Final Four

It's not called the Final Four in football. Just the College Football Playoff.

The College Football Playoff is not a sanctioned event by the NCAA. The 1-AA FCS championship will most likely go with this format though.

Indeed it will.

16_mfb_fcs_fc_alt.png?itok=WRToFc1t

Every NCAA sanctioned championship event will feature this template

15_wvb_champ_fc.png?itok=gWaNTajv

Archived