NHL soccer jerseys (Finals Match-up)

davidp94

Favorite concept  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I started a series of concepts giving soccer jerseys to NHL teams. I will be giving each team a primary and secondary
kit. I realize this type of thing has been done before so I am not going to claim this was an original idea or anything like that. I did my best to make sure the concepts I made were not too similar to other concepts under the same premise. I tried to make them realistic concepts and not just a short sleeved version of the jerseys that team currently wear.

ball%20copy_zpsj4xnx6je.png

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Round 1 Match-ups

Round 2 Match-ups

Round 3 Match-ups

Finals Match-up

Anaheim Ducks

Phoenix Arizona Coyotes

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

LA Kings

Minnesota Wild (or just scroll down, its the second post)

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

St. Louis Blues

San Jose Sharks

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

Extras

Quebec Nordiques

NHL All-Star Game

Pittsburgh Pirates (NHL)

Atlanta Thrashers

• Like I said in the beginning I tried to make realistic concepts, this means realistic soccer jerseys. So if you comment that a certain jersey looks a lot like Arsenal, or that it is just a recolored version of Barcelona I will just take that as a compliment since you think it looks like an actual soccer jersey.
  • I have already finished a good chunk of these so I will gradually roll them out instead of post them all at once.
  • I will be doing all of the NHL teams eventually so please don't ask to do the oilers or where is the caps, just be patient they'll be posted eventually.
  • I will be using the Nike brand logo just because it is easiest to work with. I know adidas should be the most realistic choice because of the NHL's new deal with them but I don't want to have the same adidas 3-stripes on every jersey because that would just look awful (cough cough MLS cough cough)
  • I'm open to creative criticism so if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to share.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Wild

Starting off with one of my personal favorite concepts, the Minnesota Wild. Gave them some classy vertical stripes, they are the state of hockey so why not give them a classy Barca-esque jersey. For the secondary kit, also classy white with green sleeves, somewhat similar to their current away jerseys.

final%20copy_zpsovlulstn.png

**Edit**

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

good look for the wild, maybe use the cream color instead of white for the away kit

I was going to say that until I read this comment. Try the cream out, as I think it could look really nice.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Only thing I would say is to not put the number above the Nike logo on the shorts. I understand if the template causes problems, but I would either put the swoosh near the waistband or eliminate the numbers entirely. The cream looks great though.

thats typically where numbers are placed on soccer shorts, on the bottom of the left pant short, for nike and puma etc the number is above the kit maker logo, for adidas its different because they put the logo someplace else.

Don't change it, its realistic [mod redacted]

Only thing I would say is to not put the number above the Nike logo on the shorts. I understand if the template causes problems, but I would either put the swoosh near the waistband or eliminate the numbers entirely. The cream looks great though.

Just a couple examples showing wear the numbers go on the shorts

Wayne%2BRooney.jpgDempseyUSA420.jpg

@D_Parky

Since the San Jose Sharks are currently wearing boring jerseys that don't weigh much, I decided to give them boring soccer jerseys that probably won't weigh much either

final%20copy_zpscifgglqt.png

HAHA true. Your set for them is alright, though. I like how the orange isn't overpowering, but it is just enough to look cool. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Montreal Canadiens

If it ain't broke don't fix it, Montreal has one of the most iconic jersey designs in the world so I gave them a Sao Paulo FC-esque jersey to fit. The secondary is a classy all white kit that I think fits the Habs perfectly. Since Montreal is such a historic and classic franchise, I thought it would be appropriate if they went sponsorless like how Barca was for a long time until they finally gave in and Roma is right now.

If you guys would like to see a more realistic soccer concept with the crest over the heart just let me know I could wip that up real quick. I will admit I probably went with the easiest possible option.

final%20copy_zpsqlmx1iqk.png

P.S. I decided for this thread that I wouldn't use the scenic arena shots for the background like I normally do. So instead I'm using pictures of that team warming up with a soccer ball, which I'm pretty sure every team does, because I thought that felt more appropriate.

@D_Parky

The Habs look nice. It captures them well. Great work, this series is interesting!

Montreal Canadiens

If it ain't broke don't fix it, Montreal has one of the most iconic jersey designs in the world so I gave them a Sao Paulo FC-esque jersey to fit. The secondary is a classy all white kit that I think fits the Habs perfectly. Since Montreal is such a historic and classic franchise, I thought it would be appropriate if they went sponsorless like how Barca was for a long time until they finally gave in and Roma is right now.

If you guys would like to see a more realistic soccer concept with the crest over the heart just let me know I could wip that up real quick. I will admit I probably went with the easiest possible option.

final%20copy_zpsqlmx1iqk.png

P.S. I decided for this thread that I wouldn't use the scenic arena shots for the background like I normally do. So instead I'm using pictures of that team warming up with a soccer ball, which I'm pretty sure every team does, because I thought that felt more appropriate.

711857061-790x472.jpg

Archived