NHL soccer jerseys (Finals Match-up)

davidp94

Favorite concept  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These are really cool to check out. And so far, I like everything you've done! Big ups to you!

One thing I like is that you do your research too. Anyone who does that makes better concepts

overall because they end up having a better understanding how to make their designs make better sense.

JB_OrdinarieO_Signature1.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Jersey Devils

For the devils primary kit I drew inspiration from the Nike teamwear kit option "Park Derby" which can be found here. The secondary kit was inspired be the 09-10 Man United kit which can be found here. I felt that these both fit the Devils franchise pretty well.

P.S. I couldn't find a picture of the Devils warming up with a soccer ball so instead I used a picture of the NJ Devils owner interrupting a kids soccer game by landing his helicopter on their field which actually happened. Look it up http://abcnews.go.com/US/nj-devils-owner-apologizes-landing-helicopter-middle-kids/story?id=35155591

final%20copy_zpscoxvttzd.png

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

I feel you could branch out a bit with the secondary kits. If they're meant to be clash kits, for the Devils, I would've gone with a green jersey. This would differentiate it from the primary, and give it a nice callback/retro look.

I appreciate the advice and I did think about doing a green kit but I didn't want it to look too Christmasy. Plus white, black, and red shout devils more than green and red which like I said would look christmasy, a holiday which celebrates Jesus' birthday. Now I don't think a Devil figure would be caught dead in green and red for Jesus.

But I do appreciate the advice. Not all of the kits I made are color home and white away so stay tuned for that. I will admit it is a little tough thinking of clash kits that aren't white, when you look at a lot of soccer clash kits right now, some of the best ones use a completely different color scheme: Arsenal and Juventus, and I don't think it would be fair to the whole idea or that individual team if I just gave the Rangers a random yellow clash kit. And most of the secondary colors would either not clash enough from their main colors (stars, coyotes, wild), would look terrible (sabres (turd burger)) , or they only use one primary color (wings, leafs, bolts)

As for the throwback colors, Spoiler alert: I did use throwback purple and gold for the kings, I might use throwback gold for the pens and I'm debating whether or not to use the maroon canucks kit I made for the final post.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Edmonton Oilers

I decided to go with a cleaner look for the Oilers primary, nothing special just all blue with orange and white trim. The secondary kit is inspired by the new throwback jersey the Oilers wear.

P.S. I am going to start putting team logos inside the numbers. Most club teams do that so I thought I'd give it a shot in these concepts. I may or may not go back and edit the previous concepts to add that number logo.

final%20copy_zpsuunbfvmi.png

@D_Parky

I like the Oilers. They are simple, yet effective, and they capture the Oilers' brand. I alos love Colorado, they are maybe my favorite yet.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Florida Panthers

Firstly I used a slightly recolored logo taken from their old third jersey because that looks more like a soccer crest than the logo the panthers currently use. For the primary kit, I didn't do anything too crazy or too classy either so I came up with this which I think fits the Panthers brand pretty well. I didn't want to do a white and red secondary kit since there will be a few of those already in the league (Wings, Canes, possibly caps and sens) and I wouldn't want it to get lost in mix so I went with the colors they used on there third jersey a few years ago. I used powder blue as the main color because I think that looks much better.

final%20copy_zps205zjiuu.png

@D_Parky

The Panthers have a nice interesting look. It will definitely separate them from other teams in the league, and that is why I like it.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Pittsburgh Penguins

For the primary kit I went with a cookie cutter design, the Pens give us a cookie cutter hockey jersey, so why not give them a cookie cutter soccer jersey. The only difference between their cookie cutter jerseys and these cookie cutter kits is that these ones actually look good. I based these ones on Nike Victory II teamwear kit which are worn by everyone's 2nd favorite team Palmers FC (Youtube 'em). I didn't want to miss an opportunity to use a baby blue pens concept as a secondary kit so I came up with this classy number.

final%20copy_zpska4ozlzp.png

@D_Parky

I like the home, but the away is just meh. You made a light blue away for the Panthers, and now the Penguins. Don't get me wrong, I love light blue, but I feel like you are starting a trend and not making the look unique anymore. Maybe go with a plain gold shirt with thin black pinstripes, black numbers, black shorts, and gold socks. Could be interesting.

Detroit Red Wings

Decided not complicate things and keep it classy with this set. The only tough decision I had was whether to make the white or red the primary. Thew white is a unique look but then again the all red is very classy and would make the set look a little Liverpool-esque.

final%20copy_zpsioejpo4s.png

@D_Parky

These are really cool, can't wait for Buffalo!

Since you look like a Sabres fan I would love to get some thought on the Buffalo set. I've got the primary done and looks pretty good. But as for the secondary, I'm not sure if I want to use another white secondary, so would you like to see a yellow or maybe even a red and black, or would you prefer to see a white anyway.

@D_Parky

Nice job on the Red Wings. The simplicity is definitely what they needed, and I am glad you went with it.

Nice job on Buffalo. This look works, as it gives them a unique identity.

Archived