NHL soccer jerseys (Finals Match-up)

davidp94

Favorite concept  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the Canucks. I really like the throwback clash kit! The hoops are a really nice touch.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Carolina Hurricanes

With the 'Canes latest jerseys they insisted on going with a classic look so for their soccer I gave them a Stoke City like primary kit. I decided to use their third jersey as inspiration for their secondary kit and honestly looks like something a Liverpool or maybe a Bayern Munich would wear as a third kit.

final%20copy_zps8mglfcjn.png

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Nice job. Canes away might be one of my favorites yet. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Canucks looks good, although you don't use their primary logo once. By design?

And one more completely unimportant detail. You have used the year the team came into existence as the number on the jersey, but for the Canucks you used the number of years they have existed.

And one more completely unimportant detail. You have used the year the team came into existence as the number on the jersey, but for the Canucks you used the number of years they have existed.

For the home I just felt like the secondary logo looks more like a soccer style badge than their primary does, but that is my opinion, you may think differently. For the away, I didn't want to do too many white secondary jerseys so for the Canucks I could either go green or maroon as a throwback look and I thought it would look confusing if I used a current logo on a throwback jersey. This is something that West Brom is doing this year and Roma have done before and will do next year as well.

As for the number, the Vancouver Canucks were founded in 1945 as a Pacific Coast Hockey League Team, so that is where the number comes from

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Boston Bruins

I will admit I did have a tough time with the bruins primary. I wanted it to be a classic look, maybe some horizontal or vertical stripes but nothing really worked with all three colors. I could have done sleeve stripes like in my Oilers set but then there wasn't enough white and yellow. In the end I went with something I noticed Olympique Lyon wear and I thought it fit the Bruins well. As for the secondary jersey, I noticed and was a big fan of the Huddersfield town kit and they way it mixed light colored vertical stripes with a dark colored shoulder stripe on a white base and I wanted to use that idea somewhere in these concepts and I thought it would work nicely with the Bruins.

final%20copy_zpsjr7r87qa.png

@D_Parky

For the home I just felt like the secondary logo looks more like a soccer style badge than their primary does, but that is my opinion, you may think differently. For the away, I didn't want to do too many white secondary jerseys so for the Canucks I could either go green or maroon as a throwback look and I thought it would look confusing if I used a current logo on a throwback jersey. This is something that West Brom is doing this year and Roma have done before and will do next year as well.

As for the number, the Vancouver Canucks were founded in 1945 as a Pacific Coast Hockey League Team, so that is where the number comes from

I suppose you are correct. I guess you could use "72" for the Hurricanes since that is when the Hartford Whalers were formed and joined the WHA.

Bruins are just okay. I like the home kit a lot, but the away is a little rough on the eyes. The yellow and white don't make much of a contrast, and really make the kit appear very clunky. Maybe try a completely new design.

• 3 weeks later...

St. Louis Blues

Firstly I went with the secondary logo because I thought that one looked best on a soccer kit. For the primary I wasn't sure how to use the two different shades of blue effectively, so I went with the type of thing PSG are doing this year with the Navy Blue and darker Blue. As for the secondary look I went with a style similar to what Bayern Munich used on their away kits last year.

final%20copy_zpsf1f7ghxt.png

@D_Parky

Archived