NHL soccer jerseys (Finals Match-up)

davidp94

Favorite concept  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Columbus Blue Jackets

The Blue Jackets didn't give me very much to work with in terms of the jersey they do use so I came up with this striped kit. The white is sort of a play on the striping they use on their away jerseys and the shapes on the Ohio flag.

final%20copy_zpsjpcopuqg.png

PS I couldn't find a picture of CBJ playing soccer so I just used the cannon

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago Blackhawks

The Hawks have some of the most iconic and best looking jerseys in the NHL. I thought why mess with it and incorporated the stripes into the shirt. I included the Stanley Cup patch on the chest since the world champions at both the club and country level are rewarded with their accomplishment by getting to wear the world champions badge on their shirt. You can see Germany mens, US womens, and Barcelona wearing it now.

final%20copy_zpso3aswunp.png

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Dallas Stars

Since the Stars use a very clean and classic look I gave them a clean but also modern look for their soccer jerseys. The white stripe is tilted upward slightly so that it makes a point, much like a star. Let's be honest the Stars basically stole their uniforms from the Blackhawks, same exact striping just with different colors, so for their secondary kit I let them steal another iconic look which is why I gave them this Celtic-esque kit.

final%20copy_zpskeufxkod.png

@D_Parky

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, davidp94 said:

Chicago Blackhawks

The Hawks have some of the most iconic and best looking jerseys in the NHL. I thought why mess with it and incorporated the stripes into the shirt. I included the Stanley Cup patch on the chest since the world champions at both the club and country level are rewarded with their accomplishment by getting to wear the world champions badge on their shirt. You can see Germany mens, US womens, and Barcelona wearing it now.

final%20copy_zpso3aswunp.png

Have you tried to go with the 3 white/2 black stripes on the chest of the red shirt? 

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 0:43 PM, davidp94 said:

I started a series of concepts giving soccer jerseys to NHL teams. I will be giving each team a primary and secondary
kit. I realize this type of thing has been done before so I am not going to claim this was an original idea or anything like that. I did my best to make sure the concepts I made were not too similar to other concepts under the same premise. I tried to make them realistic concepts and not just a short sleeved version of the jerseys that team currently wear.

ball%20copy_zpsj4xnx6je.png

Anaheim Ducks

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

LA Kings

Minnesota Wild (or just scroll down, its the second post)

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New Jersey Devils

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

St. Louis Blues

San Jose Sharks

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

• Like I said in the beginning I tried to make realistic concepts, this means realistic soccer jerseys. So if you comment that a certain jersey looks a lot like Arsenal, or that it is just a recolored version of Barcelona I will just take that as a compliment since you think it looks like an actual soccer jersey.
  • I have already finished a good chunk of these so I will gradually roll them out instead of post them all at once.
  • I will be doing all of the NHL teams eventually so please don't ask to do the oilers or where is the caps, just be patient they'll be posted eventually.
  • I will be using the Nike brand logo just because it is easiest to work with. I know adidas should be the most realistic choice because of the NHL's new deal with them but I don't want to have the same adidas 3-stripes on every jersey because that would just look awful (cough cough MLS cough cough)
  • I'm open to creative criticism so if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to share.

can we get an "LNH" logo on that ball ;)

@Frenchie_TO

First of all, Let me tell you that I love "Crossover" projects, and yours is an outstanding one!!!

I absolutely LOVE every single one of your concepts.

The one question I have, and forgive me if it's not really an issue in the Soccer world, is from a general corporate branding standpoint, would large corporations, like TD for example, allow for their logos to be recolored?

I get a one-colour black or white version, but some brands are closely attached to their specific colours.

@Frenchie_TO

20 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

First of all, Let me tell you that I love "Crossover" projects, and yours is an outstanding one!!!

I absolutely LOVE every single one of your concepts.

The one question I have, and forgive me if it's not really an issue in the Soccer world, is from a general corporate branding standpoint, would large corporations, like TD for example, allow for their logos to be recolored?

I get a one-colour black or white version, but some brands are closely attached to their specific colours.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I just think it looks better since a green logo on a black and yellow Bruins jersey or a blue and orange logo on a red and white Hurricanes kit will just look awful.

Sometimes yes:

320px-Standard_Chartered.svg.pngliverpool-fc_800647_m.jpg

Orlando_Health_Logo.JPGCa2ZHSBW4AAyOqP.jpg

Sometimes no:

1_15_10.jpgff_2348002_full.jpg&w=340

@D_Parky

Advice appreciated:

I was originally going to use A as the secondary kit for the Jets but I really wanted an excuse to do a split kit or a quartered kit so I made B and C. So I'm asking you which do you think is best A, B, or C. Keep in mind this is a secondary kit and if you look at most away kits in Europe, they are often a little different. Just look at teams like Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal, etc. 

I set up a poll so you can vote there.

Also something to keep in mind, I will probably change the socks on B and C if either of those are chosen

advice%20copy_zpsh8zqrzpy.png

@D_Parky

New York Islanders

Since the Islanders use classic looking jerseys I went with a clean, classic look with this West Ham/Aston Villa/Burnley esque primary kit. As for the secondary I got a little lazy and sort of threw that together. I originally had an idea for a white version of the USA World Cup away kit which just ended up looking weird and awful and I didn't want to do just another sleeve stripe or hortizontal or vertical chest stripe just for the hell of it so I came up with this.

Final%20copy_zpsfhkgsjp3.png

@D_Parky

Archived