Personal Branding Critique

JoeDGemma

Hey everyone, so a few months ago I posted a similar topic asking for opinions on my personal branding I was working on. I got mixed feedback, and decided to revisit my logo recently. I couldn't get past how much my previous logo looked like a downward pointing arrow, as well as an anchor which meant nothing to my brand. Here's where I'm at right now.

Here is what my previous logo looked like.

OLD_zpsjptyeafp.jpg

and here is where I'm at now.

HAHAHAHA.jpg

As you can see, I have a lot of different options that I've been playing with. I really feel like this is a great improvement from my previous logo, and would love to hear what you guys think

Good start. I prefer the version with the solid color chevron with no outlines (bottom left). I'd would, however, suggest increasing the border distance between the chevron an monogram, extending the top bars of the J &G to the ends to help fill in that awkward gap and make the negative space between the letters equal size.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly the new options to me are very predictable, while the previous option may be difficult to make out the initials it is a more interesting/memorable mark. The solution to your mark may not be to go with your initials. I would do some more sketching/brainstorming at this point.

I'd have to agree with MEANS on this one. Although it is very well designed and well executed, predictable is a good word for it. I'd use the word "familiar", as I instantly thought of the HTML 5 logo the Driveclub logo:

HTML5_Badge_256.pngDrive-Club_LightBG.png

Archived