LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 10 - Alternate Uniform

pollux

Logolympiad2015.png

AlternateUniform2015_Event.png

For the last event of the Logolympiad, you need to create an alternate uniform for any team that ever played in the defunct NFL Europe league.
  • You must use an existing logo from the chosen team. It can be the primary logo or any secondary logo associated to the team. Any logo on the sportslogos.net page will be accepted; logos that are not on the page will NOT be accepted.
  • You must work with the existing colors for the team. Do not add another color (other than white).
  • Sublimation is allowed.
  • You must submit a helmet, a jersey, pants and socks for your uniform.
  • The front and the back of the jersey must be displayed in your submission.
  • Use a template showing the jersey as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.
DEADLINE: November 20th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Reminder - Read this carefully as I won't give out warnings this time!

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the jersey need to be colored (not white), and as far as what should be displayed, one side view of the helmet, one view of the front of the jersey, one view of the back of the jersey, one front view of the pants, and socks (which I am assuming can be two next to each other), and no other views what so ever.

*edit

If there is no side view for pants, and the pants have a stripe, how would we be able to display the stripe? I guess the same thing would apply for helmets.

Does the jersey need to be colored (not white), and as far as what should be displayed, one side view of the helmet, one view of the front of the jersey, one view of the back of the jersey, one front view of the pants, and socks (which I am assuming can be two next to each other), and no other views what so ever.

*edit

If there is no side view for pants, and the pants have a stripe, how would we be able to display the stripe? I guess the same thing would apply for helmets.

You can choose the color of the jersey. If you want it to be white, it's up to you.

As to what should be displayed: at the minimum, you need the front and the back of the jersey, as well as one view of the helmet, one view of the pants, and one view of the socks. You can add more views for all the items without being penalized. But you need all four items on the template.

There should be plenty of space on the submission to fit the minimum and extra views if you want to.

If you want to go nuts, you can have front, side, and back views for the jersey, the helmet, the pants and the socks. You wouldn't be penalized for that.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Cleats are allowed, provided they fit in the space or no?

No. Do NOT add cleats.

Can we take parts of existing logos or do they have to stay as is?

Keep them as they are.

Can we recolor logos while still using the existing colors? i.e. How numbers change colors based on the color of the jersey

No. Keep the logos as they are. Do NOT recolor them.

can we use a box for the side details beside the template?

Do you have an example of a similar box on an existing template?

Do we have to include names on the back of the jerseys?

I leave that up to you, but I strongly suggest you have names on the back of the jerseys.

Also, from a PM:

I am thinking about creating an alternate uniform for the <snip> using their <Alternate Logo>. Its colors in the <Alternate Logo> are not the same as what they use in their <Primary Logo>. Should I only use the colors from the <Alternate Logo>, or could I also use <colors> from the primary?

Also, I am thinking of using this template, but you say the template needs to look as if it is lying flat. In this template, the pants and socks seem to be standing upright instead of lying flat. Does that disqualify this template?

You can use any and all colors from the team. That means you can pick colors from the primary logo and the alternate logo. Keep in mind that you must not change the logos at all, so adding colors from other logos might look weird. But I will definitely not disqualify you if you choose to do so.

For the template, you can use the one linked in the quoted text. The jersey is laying flat, and that's the important part. The pants and socks seem upright, but mainly to show the possible side stripes and such.

Can we use a color for a team if it's not on either their primary or alternate logo but is on their normal home/road uniform?

No. I will not start looking on their normal uniforms to see if a color is there. Stick with the colors from the logos available on the team's page on sportslogos.net.

From a PM:

Would it be ok to create a pattern / design instead of using the team logo on the helmet? The logo would be used elsewhere like on the jersey. An example would be how the Bengals use the tiger pattern. The only thing is that, my pattern / design would be new to the selected teams brand.

Yes, you can use a pattern instead of the team logo on the helmet. You can even create your own new pattern if you want to. As long as it uses the colors from the team, you'll be fine.

I haven't competed in any of the events prior,can I compete now?

Yes, you can!

Can we create a new helmet for the team, or do NFL one-helmet-only-because-of-concussions rules apply?

This isn't the No Fun Logolympiad... You can create a new helmet. :)

Archived