habsfan1

UFC Thread

78 posts in this topic

I merged Broncoboy7's thread with the existing UFC thread. No point in having two ongoing threads...

1 person likes this

Ah, good idea. Thank you @Ice_Cap. So tell me folks, who is watching UFC Houston right now?

Hill has a helluva chin, and I think JoJed is gonna have a tough challenge in Andrade.

Had some doubts about Hill, but I think she's top 10 material 

13 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Hill has a helluva chin, and I think JoJed is gonna have a tough challenge in Andrade.

Had some doubts about Hill, but I think she's top 10 material 

There's a Twitter account that predicts matchups, and they say that Angela Hill could go up against Paige VanZant. I'm not sure. But I agree, Jessica Andrade is next against Jedrzejczyk. (yes, that's how you spell her last name) 

YEESH, that's a NASTY cut on Fortuna's eye. Herb Dean just had the doctor step in. But not affecting vision, so fight continues

Grasso looked really flat for most of that fight.  Hopefully she can put together a full 3 rounds next fight.

But damn...KZ is back! :D  Exciting times in the 145 division, especially now that the belt is no longer being held hostage.

Some fights to maybe make from this:

Korean Zombie vs Cub Swanson

Dennis Bermudez vs Charles Oliveira

Felice Herrig vs Paige VanZant 2

Alexa Grasso vs Jessica Penne

James Vick vs Joe Lauzon

You're damn right @Kaz that the Korean Zombie is back! That was a great KO!

Here are my matches to make:

Korean Zombie vs. Cub Swanson (agreed)

Dennis Bermudez vs. Jason Knight

Felice Herrig vs. Michelle Waterson

Alexa Grasso vs. Jessica Penne (agreed)

James Vick vs. Joe Lauzon (agreed)

UFC Fans, who is excited for UFC 208?

Predictions on the main event? Co-Main?

I'm going with Derek Brunson in the co-main and Holly Holm in the main event!

8 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

UFC Fans, who is excited for UFC 208?

Predictions on the main event? Co-Main?

I'm going with Derek Brunson in the co-main and Holly Holm in the main event!

Seeing as it's a PPV not excited at all. However I'm watching UFC Fight Night the following weekend with my old buddies so I'm pumped for that one regardless of who is on the card.

19 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Seeing as it's a PPV not excited at all. However I'm watching UFC Fight Night the following weekend with my old buddies so I'm pumped for that one regardless of who is on the card.

I'm excited for both having friends over tonight as well as the fights.

Welps, Khabib Nurmagomedov struggled to cut weight before today's weigh-in, gets hospitalized and his fight is off. 

Not pressing "BUY" on UFC 209 now.  Probably won't drive and pay the cover charge either.

4 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Welps, Khabib Nurmagomedov struggled to cut weight before today's weigh-in, gets hospitalized and his fight is off. 

Not pressing "BUY" on UFC 209 now.  Probably won't drive and pay the cover charge either.

It's the third time a fight between these two has fallen apart too :(

I'll still watch because of Lando Vannata and Overeem, but damn what a let down.  Can't trust AKA fighters to make it to the octagon anymore it seems

Where's 'Broncoboy7' since he wanted to bring back a UFC thread with the Heavyweight title is on the line tonight and the fantastic Joanna Jędrzejczyk is on this UFC 211 card.

Max Holloway finally bringing some sort of clarity to a post-McGregor featherweight division with a win over Aldo is huge, especially with the inactivity among many champs as of recent.

Also, I think the Claudia-Karolina fight has pretty much confirmed that there is a pretty wide gap between Joanna/Claudia and the rest of the strawweights.  Hopefully some of the prospects start stepping up, because in the same vein of Mighty Mouse-Benevidez 3, I don't think there is much clamoring for a third fight between the two right now.

Nunes goes off the main event of 213, Dana White gives us another "interim" title fight and Dana again hates another UFC Overeem win.

International Fight Week 2017 was a fail.

After six months, WMG/IMG needs to be upset on how Dana White manages a billion dollar enterprise.

11 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Nunes goes off the main event of 213, Dana White gives us another "interim" title fight and Dana again hates another UFC Overeem win.

International Fight Week 2017 was a fail.

After six months, WMG/IMG needs to be upset on how Dana White manages a billion dollar enterprise.

Yeah 213 went from potential Card of the Year candidate to just another card after losing Cerrone-Lawler and Nunes-Shev; I am ecstatic that Whittaker won though, and if *fingers crossed* 214 holds up it'll be ridiculously stacked.

I've heard rumblings that a lot of the mismanagement under the WME/IMG era isn't completely Dana's fault; there is a lot of pressure from up above to recoup money fast instead of grow and improve the product.  This, coupled with Conor's antics inspiring other champs like Bisping and Mighty Mouse to be less "company men" has put him in a tough spot.  I can't say I feel bad for him after all the years of him screwing over fighters, but I'm not placing this all on Dana.

The USMNT game went straight into the Toronto version of the Mayweather/McGregor road show and boy is that whole thing dumb.

Mayweather's going to kill him, right?

11 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The USMNT game went straight into the Toronto version of the Mayweather/McGregor road show and boy is that whole thing dumb.

Mayweather's going to kill him, right?

We have an almost daily discussion at lunch in work as one person who sits at my table is an avid boxing fan and the other is a huge UFC fan. They had a wager with each other before the fight was even announced. Obviously anything can happen but I think that most people seem to think that Mayweather will just be the better boxer and will have the upper hand but it won't be an early knockout. I personally think that McGregor won't be able to deal with Mayweather's speed and will struggle to land anything that will cause proper damage. He will have to try and land something huge and that will leave him too open.

As far as the road show goes, it's just something that you have to accept with these big money fights. The reason they get paid so much money is because the fights make so much money from PPV sales. They have these press conferences to try and maximise interest and PPV sales. So long as they don't end up hugging each other after the fight and acting like best mates then I can live with it.