NFL Color Rush uniforms - nfc West added 12/1/15

oldschoolvikings

Anybody who had ever read one of my posts will not be surprised to hear that I considered Thursday night's inaugural "Color Rush" game to be a huge eyesore. IMO it failed on numerous levels. However, if this is something the NFL wants to go forward with, I thought I'd see if I could come up with something that would make me, at least, happy.

One thing that gives me hope is the use of the term "historic colors" in the NFL's promotional language, and the fact that the Cowboys are doing a throwback, of sorts. (A throwback to one of their dumbest and most over rated jersey IMHO, but still...) So with that in mind, I thought I'd search the archives for some older looks that could be manipulated into this concept. I started with the NFC North because it's the best dressed division, currently, and (except for Detroit) all had monochrome uniforms in their histories.

So, here we go...

crbear_zpsnelgnk9j.png

crlion_zps1acb7mow.png

crpack_zpsowlqyw4f.png

crvike_zpsstelr6vv.png

Thoughts?

He's going off the actual uniform from the 50's.

^^^ This. As much as those work for color rush, they're just honest throwbacks that happen to be Monochrome. Maybe try something along the lines of what you think the color rush jerseys should look like.

a2BRS8U.png

^^^ This. As much as those work for color rush, they're just honest throwbacks that happen to be Monochrome. Maybe try something along the lines of what you think the color rush jerseys should look like.

You know, I did that first, and pretty much hated them. I think I just got lucky that 3 out of 4 of these are based off actual throwbacks... to keep this going, I'll have to take more liberties, eventually.

You know, I did that first, and pretty much hated them. I think I just got lucky that 3 out of 4 of these are based off actual throwbacks... to keep this going, I'll have to take more liberties, eventually.

Trial and Error man. Believe me I get it

This is a great idea. I love a good throwback, and this is an improvement on the idea the NFL has for the color rush IMO. Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Its, ok but why does everyone feel the need to do this? Before it was ever thought of, no one did it. Now its the first thing we do once we see it. Why are we never satisfied with what they do and always want to change it and so on? I mean I would feel better if I was getting a real consideration from a team, but whatever...

Vikings and Packers look good. I think Chicago needs a logo on their helmet to make it more of a color rush uniform and not just a throwback. The Lions while a good uniform, the blue should be brighter than their standard uniforms instead of darker to make it a color rush rather than a throwback.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

Its, ok but why does everyone feel the need to do this? Before it was ever thought of, no one did it. Now its the first thing we do once we see it. Why are we never satisfied with what they do and always want to change it and so on? I mean I would feel better if I was getting a real consideration from a team, but whatever...

Well, that's kind of how the concepts section works. You look at something that you think could have been better and try to different take on it.

You can certainly say I wasn't "satisfied with what they did and wanted to change it" because I thought that game Thursday was an eyesore.

Why didnt the idiots at Nike contact you when they had the idea initially.

I'd only make one improvement to the NFC North. The packers numbers should be white with a yellow outline. Other than that. Flawless

For the sake of the color rush, I disagree with that. Keep the Packers numbers as they are.

I agree with the others, these are just throwbacks. Make them a bit more modern. Drop the grey facemasks. Add something different to them. Maybe try changing up the stripe colors on some of these. Just try being a bit more creative. Specifically, add something in between the stripes that are single colored. Or maybe make them taper in some way or use them differently.

A personal opinion. I love the color vs color match ups. Great idea. But why do they have to be monochrome with leotard looks? That's what makes them ugly. Not your concepts, but in the real NFL. The leotard monochrome looks stupid. Color v color would be great

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

A personal opinion. I love the color vs color match ups. Great idea. But why do they have to be monochrome with leotard looks? That's what makes them ugly. Not your concepts, but in the real NFL. The leotard monochrome looks stupid. Color v color would be great

Oh, I agree completely. I hate all monochrome, and the leotard socks and cleats just adds to the ugliness. But this is what the NFL is doing for these games so I'm just playing along. Obviously, given complete control, it isn't the way I'd go.

too much green on the eagles, the darker one looks teal

Well, that is the current actual shade of the Eagles helmet. So, given that I wanted to do a nod towards the 70's Eagle uniform, and the NFL's current rules say the helmet can't change, this is what I got.

Archived