Announcing the OKC Flag Project

bootscallahan

I've started a website for what I'm calling The OKC Flag Project. I've partnered with a local charter school to publicize the project, solicit submissions, and get the city council to take it on. I know we've got a lot of talented designers here, so check it out if you're into flag design! Thanks, everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

interesting project. but why take submissions from random people rather than hiring a professional to design the flag?

I'd guess that it's because there are a lot of professionals on these boards, and that whether it's logos or vexillology, there is a lot of design talent on the forums here. The outsourcing of this project to everyone who has an idea tremendously helps bring in many new ideas that might not have been in the professional's mind at all. For the better, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm really sorry everybody. I made this post and then totally forgot to come back and check it. We are taking submissions from anyone who has interest. Here are the submissions we have so far. There is no limit to the amount of submissions, and you don't have to be from Oklahoma. 

15 minutes ago, bootscallahan said:

I'm really sorry everybody. I made this post and then totally forgot to come back and check it. We are taking submissions from anyone who has interest. Here are the submissions we have so far. There is no limit to the amount of submissions, and you don't have to be from Oklahoma. 

It seems there is space fror new proposals ;)

whereicomefrom.png

Archived