Rebranding Helbor/Mogi das Cruzes - Brazilian Basketball

Daniel_Ramone

What's up everyone!

I'm coming with a logo concept today for a Brazilian team that plays the NBB (Novo Basquete Brasil) which is the major Brazilian Basketball League. Here the teams are professional but aren't managed by really professional people instead of spending money on marketing and stuff they'd rather hire some players, specially foreigners.

To start some concepts with the teams here I choosed Mogi das Cruzes for 3 reasons:
- The team is neat, one of the best here and some players are National Team Level.
(They had some players that played on NCAA like Shamell Stallworth (San Francisco State), Tyrone Curnell (Valdosta), Gerson Espirito Santo (Colorado State) and Larry Taylor (Missouri Western State), also one of the centers Paulo Prestes was even drafted by Minnesotta Timberwolves couple years ago. Rafael "Bábby" Araujo - somebody remember him on NBA? - played there too)
- Their logo sucks
- They will host the next NBB's All-Star Game.

So, to start this is their awful current logo:
16121e_1b3b5454555b4d8ea3f6a2a6140cd4d6.

Doesn't make sense now that they're using a shade of purple on the uniforms.
After a small research I found out that their mascot is a Jaguatirica a very common feline that lives mainly on Brazilian and Argentinian forests. Is not a big predator here but just like any wild animal we should respect, right?

This is my redesign:

4UjQqhd.png

C&C is always appreciated, I'm here to learn!

Archived