Civil War Football (Oregon away and OSU home added 11/25)

upperV03

After seeing Oregon unveil a new uniform yesterday for the Civil War, I was inspired to create new looks for both teams. Each uniform is retro-inspired, but neither of them are complete throwbacks by any means.

First up is Oregon, with the two uniforms that inspired this set, as well as the new uniform:

Oregon-95-Rose-Bowl-JErsey.jpgakili.jpeg

klgypwu.png

Next up is Oregon State:

72358968-sep-1996-david-moran-of-the-ore199901-0-600.jpg

kstXqrP.png

Credit to tbdaniel15 for the template. I decided to adjust the jersey to what I think the new jersey template could look like, but I decided to leave the pants alone. Anyways, C&C is welcomed and appreciated.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think you managed to pull of the retro look very well. For some reason the duck logo doesn't sit with me, maybe it just looks too cartoonish for me, but I get it goes with the retro style.

Nice job.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Decided to update the striping on the Oregon uniforms and make the number outlines white. I opted to keep the stripes across the chest to give it a more modern feel, as I want these uniforms to be sort of a retro-modern mix.

HDPkxQt.png

Also made a version with forest green accents, which is a nod to the late 90's set.

fCAbQkJ.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Also, I am keeping the green color the same. Oregon has been using this lighter shade of green in recent years, and I feel like the shade of green I used is very similar to the one actually in use.

Vernon+Adams+Jr+Utah+v+Oregon+E21tfCAudx

And regarding the OSU uniforms, I am keeping the script as the helmet logo because I wanted it to hark back to those old white helmets as seen in the first OSU image above my concept.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon State is almost too plain.

If you're doing a straight throwback, then it works (minus the newer number font), but since you're going for a fauxback or retro-modern look, I wonder if there's something you can do with OSU. Maybe a hip logo or stripe on the pants? To me it feels like there's a lot of detail at the helmet (script, stripes, etc) and then slightly less detail at the jersey level, and then virtually none at the pants.

Regardless of style, I'm always a fan of having a similar level of detail and/or color mix across the uniform to tie things together.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I have updated the uniforms I have already made for both teams, and have now added an away uniform for the Ducks and a home uniform for the Beavers (even though this years game is at Oregon), as well as two different pant options now for each team. The Oregon away uniforms are heavily influenced by the late '90's set, and the numbers, facemask, and logo decal on the helmet are all meant to be metallic, not an actual gradient. The Beavers' home set I feel is pretty self explanatory, and I also added a hip logo to the orange pants for OSU. As always, C&C welcomed.

QRchbH1.png

1UBoRed.png

uMT8M1i.png

NjNs1DP.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Great sets! I'd say my favorites are OSUs black jersey, and Oregon's green-yellow-green. I love the forest green collar but I'm not fully around to the Browns-esque stripes, and maybe use orange numbers on the black jersey. All in all good job.

Archived