16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the best kit I've seen since I became a Liverpool fan (Mar. 2014). Absolutely love it. 

@rsaline, I'd imagine that they'd go with white numbers as they did that the last time they did all gold with the sponsor logo, crest, and manufacturer logo in 2013-14. 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

That is the best kit I've seen since I became a Liverpool fan (Mar. 2014). Absolutely love it. 

@rsaline, I'd imagine that they'd go with white numbers as they did that the last time they did all gold with the sponsor logo, crest, and manufacturer logo in 2013-14. 

Assuming the Premier League maintains the limitations on numeral / nameplate colors, I would think Liverpool would go with white. Navy wouldn't look good and the vegas gold would look terrible.

gYH2mW9.png

I always thought Liverpool were a predominantly red and white team, not red and yellow as they have been the last few years?

As for the kit, it's nice. Better than they've had in recent years. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

12 hours ago, zielinsp said:

Interesting to note, on New Balance they offer both an Elite kit and a general kit.

I know that when the kits were by sister company Warrior, the replica shirts sold to fans were exactly the same as the match worn shirts. I'm guessing as New Balance they are offering the Elite kit as this match worn cut and material and the general kit is what we traditionally associate as a replica standard of kit.

4 hours ago, Bayne said:

I always thought Liverpool were a predominantly red and white team, not red and yellow as they have been the last few years?

You're correct. For most of their history it has been red and white but they did have a yellow/gold crest from the mid 70s to the mid 80s. This was when the club was most successful.

SOURCE

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

3 hours ago, marble21 said:

I know that when the kits were by sister company Warrior, the replica shirts sold to fans were exactly the same as the match worn shirts. 

Exactly?  When Nike made Arsenal's shirts, the on-field was never actually made available for sale.  It had a secondary later of wicking material, heat-pressed badge instead of embroidered.  

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Exactly?  When Nike made Arsenal's shirts, the on-field was never actually made available for sale.  It had a secondary later of wicking material, heat-pressed badge instead of embroidered.  

LINK to an interview with the designer from the 2012/3 season.

– Will there be any differences between the replica and the authentic or player issue versions of the kit? If so, what will they be?
There is no difference whatsoever; we wanted to create a truly authentic replica product for fans.

My friend is a Liverpool fan (I live a couple of miles away from the city) and I remember at the time asking him to show me his shirt to see what the material was like.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

17 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Striped/halved/quartered/hooped/etc. shirts with fully solid backs are the work of the devil.

Yeah, I agree. The front of that West Brom shirt is great, the back is, well, not.

spacer.png

20 hours ago, mattb6 said:

Yeah, I agree. The front of that West Brom shirt is great, the back is, well, not.

If the kit had red trim I'd agree. With red or gold numbers when there's no other bit of it anywhere on the kit, this would look worse than what is shown here. The streamlined sponsor logo almost disappears into the front too which will make fans happy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

ob_bc1e66_bayern-nouveau-maillot-2016-20

I know someone else said this earlier, but this would make a good Manchester United kit. I believe all of United's kits will keep the 3 stripes on the shoulders.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas and Chelsea today announced they will end their partnership with six years left on their current contract. Here's the statement just released by Adidas: 

Chelsea Football Club and adidas AG announced today that they have mutually agreed to terminate their existing partnership agreement prematurely. The agreement will now end on June 30, 2017 and not, as originally agreed, on June 30, 2023. adidas has been sponsor and sportswear supplier for Chelsea Football Club since 2006. This mutual agreement on early termination of the agreement will allow Chelsea Football Club to enter a new equipment agreement with a competitor of adidas AG. It will allow adidas AG to continue to implement its sports sponsorship strategy as set out in its strategic business plan 'Creating the New'. Under this plan, adidas AG will partner with fewer assets on a team level. As compensation for the early termination of the contract, the adidas Group will receive a payment from Chelsea Football Club in 2017 that will already positively impact the Group's net income this year.

adidas AG wishes to expressly thank Chelsea Football Club for their always professional and successful collaboration, which has included, among other successes, the time of their UEFA Champions League title in 2012 as well as two Premier League titles.

Archived