16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

19 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I like it too for Man United's blue kits. But their black kit this year was horrible with the addition of the board shorts look. 

I actually really liked it when it wasn't paired with the board shorts.

r0_0_4992_3195_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So PSG has an interesting version of the Aeroswift template. It has the woven sleeves with the mini pinstripes, the contrasting cuffs, etc but doesn't have the mesh chest construction. Almost like the women's kits this year.

Nicest part of this is that it shows stripe designs are possible on this template after the paint by numbers look of the current national team kits.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

So PSG has an interesting version of the Aeroswift template. It has the woven sleeves with the mini pinstripes, the contrasting cuffs, etc but doesn't have the mesh chest construction. Almost like the women's kits this year.

Nicest part of this is that it shows stripe designs are possible on this template after the paint by numbers look of the current national team kits.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kind of similar to how the Texans opted out of flywire in their collar in the NFL?

I believe all of the Nike club kits released so far don't have the mesh pattern like the national teams have. I can be wrong though.

But after PSG, Corinthians and América I'm really looking forward to what they've created for Hertha. I hope no stripes this year.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

8 hours ago, Bayne said:

You're missing my point. It's the way Puma kits are put together. It's the fabric, or the template or the stitching or something - I'm not a kit manufacturing expert - that makes them look cheap and tacky. Adidas did not come up with a stellar kit design here for Chelsea by any stretch, but it at least comes together to create a decent shirt that hangs nicely, has a solid collar and is well balanced. Puma kits remind me of the Nike Full 90 rag kits they pumped out all over circa 2002.

I get it, totally thought you were solely talking design.

I think Crystal Palace looks great. Their blue and red work really well together and it helps their sponsor (Mansion) is willing to adopt their colors to fit the uniform. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

8 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

I think Crystal Palace looks great. Their blue and red work really well together and it helps their sponsor (Mansion) is willing to adopt their colors to fit the uniform. 

I think that's a really key point about the sponsor. So many times they would just leave their own colors regardless of the jersey, but I think there should be some sort of mandate to use black/white or team colored sponsor logos.

Hmm. The dotted lines don't work for me, and whilst the inclusion of the Prostate Cancer UK logo is a nice sentiment I think it detracts from the look of the numbers.

In related news, we've all been wondering about the Premier League's new name and numbering set to tie in with their rebrand. Well, some news - it seems there isn't a new font, at least not for the 2016/17 season. SportingID - the firm that produces the letters - has tweeted...

Screen-Shot-2016-05-14-at-8.32.27-am_zps

The agency behind the Premier League's rebrand has spoken about designing a new shirt font, but if the above tweets are correct it would seem that the new font won't be ready for the upcoming season.

My favourite German kit supplier Erima with another good shirt for Dynamo Dresden (2. Bundesliga). The design is a nod to a shirt they've worn during their Bundesliga years.

muagt0.jpgs-l1000.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

12 minutes ago, rsaline said:

I like the dots through the championship numbers, but the little men's bathroom figure is odd.

That's the logo of Prostate Cancer UK, a charity partner of the Football League. It's been on the League's numbers since the start of the 2014/15 season...

numbers-4x3195-1571553_478x359_zpsdjwl0v

Dresden are looking sharp, but it's hard not to with colours like that. ;)

Archived