16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, marble21 said:

I'd have to see them on TV or in person before fully committing to this but they seem like a big upgrade. The old font was meant to have been designed for legibility from a long distance but I didn't find that to be the case. I also wasn't a fan of the gold that they used.

Yeah, the gold was okay on some, but really ugly on others.

103710520_football_273645c.jpg

joel-campbell-hits-post.jpg

I'm so glad they're going without outlines - the pointless double-outline on this one only clutters it up.

And apropos of nothing, looking for examples of the Championship's old numbering made me start to appreciate the "shirt must have a solid back" rule creeping into football:

article-1380318-0BC4941200000578-484_634

That's just illegible.

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And apropos of nothing, looking for examples of the Championship's old numbering made me start to appreciate the "shirt must have a solid back" rule creeping into football:

I personally think it needs to be on a case by case basis rather than a hard and fast rule applied to everyone.

The example of QPR that you posted is one where I would agree with the rule but just off the top of my head I could think of Hull, Coventry, Bradford and Barnet where it wouldn't be necessary.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

1 minute ago, Berlin Wall said:

What bugs me in this years Europa League final is that Sevilla wears their new NB kit and Liverpool doesn't.

Sevilla seems to wear new kits every 2 months.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/17/2016 at 2:46 PM, aawagner011 said:

Here is a good picture that shows off the mesh panels. It's one of those things that is more visible on certain colors. Nearly invisible on the white US and France kits, yellow Brasil, orange Holland, highly visible on black US kit, etc.

image.jpeg

Yeesh those just look worse every time I see them. Not a fan at all

Archived