16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

Remember when Nike was consistently pumping out kits that were a million times better than Adidas? Those days seem so far away.

Adidas' (fairly new) approach of going conservative/traditional with primary and change kits, and going wild with third kits, is actually a really good way to go about things. Can still sell some crazy looking kits and get lots of attention for them, but the team's overall look remains intact and in keeping with the club's traditional uniforms.

I'll never like the off-the-wall looks from any manufacturer, but I get that they're not going away anytime soon. If they're going to stick around, better to relegate them to thirds rather than primary or change kits.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Remember when Nike was consistently pumping out kits that were a million times better than Adidas? Those days seem so far away.

Adidas' (fairly new) approach of going conservative/traditional with primary and change kits, and going wild with third kits, is actually a really good way to go about things. Can still sell some crazy looking kits and get lots of attention for them, but the team's overall look remains intact and in keeping with the club's traditional uniforms.

I'll never like the off-the-wall looks from any manufacturer, but I get that they're not going away anytime soon. If they're going to stick around, better to relegate them to thirds rather than primary or change kits.

OM seems to go the traditional hope whites, and the change be the oddball one. Or at the least, the one that keeps changing. Grey to black/blue to dark navy blue in the past three seasons. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

53 minutes ago, dont care said:

Real Madrid wouldn't be wearing last years template, and those sholder stopes are HUGE!!!!

That's a childrens strip, it's difficult to change striping up. Probably an infants kit. It also has the new badge and adidas hasn't tossed shoulder stripes completely out. I have a feeling the European teams will be similar to MLS. One kit with sleeve stripes and one with stripes down the torso.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Bournemouth:

bournemouth-16-17-kit-1.jpg

bournemouth-16-17-kit-2.jpg

It seems that the back will have stripes (0:08).

So Bournemouth will have two giant circles on each arm. That'll look pretty silly. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

So Bournemouth will have two giant circles on each arm. That'll look pretty silly. 

Other than those big honking JD logos on each shoulder, those kits are damn near perfect. Bournemouth will look great next year (though as mentioned above, the JD circles are going to clash with the new Premier League patch terribly).

USA is in white tonight. WAY better than the black.

Man City looks horrendous. Nike quit with the pinstriped, contrasting shoulders. They look awful. And why those colors? Black is fine, but red and volt? Why!?

Swansea is good. Were they with Joma last year?

Bournemouth looks good.

IxkieML.png

Archived