16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Carolina Railhawks (NASL now, who-the-hell-knows next year) are planning a rebrand and MLS push.  The new name and logo leaked early this morning, four days before the official announcement:

I know they have similar state flags but I think the Texas flag is much more recognizable and this looks like a logo for Dallas. And I don't get the lower right point of the star emphasized. Why?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Digby said:

too bad to replace a unique name and solid badge with a boring generic identity.

They replaced a nonsensical name (there is no such bird as a "rail hawk") with a dignified and serious-sounding one.  That is a major upgrade.

The old badge was nice; but the new one is really beautiful.

Overall, this is a good change on its merits, even if the team stands very little chance of getting into MLS.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Eh, I'll take a little nonsense and whimsy over the new thing. Railhawks was goofy but not offensive, and one of the more established brands through multiple eras of lower-league American soccer at this point. The new one is professionally executed and the triangle bit is kinda clever, but still just so...bland.

Place Name FC, star motif, red/blue color scheme -- it's all just so done to death at this point.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Looks much more like a Texas team to me.  I don't think Red, White & Royal when I think of NC.  Too much Tarheel press I guess.  Would have loved them use a unique color scheme for MLS like Carolina blue, red & white.  It just feels generic or faux patriotic to me instead of authentically regional. 

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

Looks much more like a Texas team to me.  I don't think Red, White & Royal when I think of NC.  Too much Tarheel press I guess.  Would have loved them use a unique color scheme for MLS like Carolina blue, red & white.  It just feels generic or faux patriotic to me instead of authentically regional. 

FCD.jpg

On 12/2/2016 at 7:04 AM, Berlin Wall said:

I don't know where the 'rotating the three stripes every year' rumour comes from. I don't think it's true.

It's certainly true. I can't speak much to it for obvious reasons, but the stripes will alternate each year according to adidas. 2018 is back to the side. 2017 will have the short shoulder stripes. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

3 hours ago, Saathoff said:

2017 will have the short shoulder stripes. 

Ekhm:

adidas-tiro-17-teamwear-jersey-2-1476700

This is an adidas Tiro 17 and previous versions of that design was used as a base for many kits (for example NE Revolutions use Tiro 15 in their away kit or Chelsea used Tiro 13 in their 13/14 home kit). Yeah the truth is that the main line and probably most of the jerseys from 16/17 collection will have stripes on a shoulders, but side stripes will be also.

4r2eer.png

i think they'll just invert the order from this year, with shoulder stripes for home kits and side stripes for clash kits.

Not really a huge fan of the tiny shoulder stripes honestly, Adidas always used those stripes on their cheapest templates before so it looks kind of pub league. The tradition of Adidas is full shoulder stripes, they've done it since the 70's, it looks more like a design element and less like an ad if it reaches the end of the sleeve. Now I'm not against using alternative placement, the side stripes are nice, but if they use stripes on the shoulder I'd rather it reach the end of the sleeve than finishing awkwardly on the shoulder (big reason why I hated the 2010 template)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 2 Dec 2016 at 6:13 PM, Gothamite said:

I don't either.  I suspect that Adidas will just keep bringing out a variety of templates each year, mixing them up.  This year's template, it was side stripes.  Next year, shoulder boards.  After that, the new templates might go back to the down-the-sleeve variety, or they might do something crazy like three stripes down the front, PSG-style.  But I don't see any reason to believe that they're on a rotating schedule.

They've already tried that. Lucky it was on a halved shirt, but still, it was hardly a resounding success cruz-divisa-feyenoord-1997-1998-595x651.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived