2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yes, that's their new thing for 2016.   And not just for jerseys; I'm a big fan of the new Anthem jackets. 

image.png

I know they've been doing it for a long time, but I know understood why Adidas put the stripes on their apparel in addition to the triangle or leaf logos. You'd think simply putting the triange or leaf on a jacket would be enough.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, Digby said:

I guess San Jose is keeping its home for a third year -- messing with the usual two-year flow might make me twitch but at least it's one of the league's best. This new away, however...not working for me. Like the previous two NASL throwback aways in a blender. 

quakes.jpg-large

quakes.jpg

I don't mind this too much.  I don't like it as much as the previous two sets, but it's still okay.  I would reserve my final judgement for when we see the actual kit, since this mockup doesn't show the probable "earthquake" pattern from the other kits.

While we're talking Quakes, that mockup shows off the new sponsor Sutter Health.  Here's what it looks like on the home kit:

CZrJykfUAAAQIlI.jpg

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Alaska Airlines updated their branding yesterday and Merritt Paulson confirmed on Twitter that the new wordmark will appear on the Timbers' kits this season. 

image.png

What I don't get is why the Timbers never used Alaska's previous logo.

alaska_airlines_2016_logo_before_after.pportland-timbers-2015-home-kit%2B(2).jpg

I believe that Alaska Airlines logo was being referenced was only in use the last year or two, so perhaps the team and airlines didn't feature them on the jerseys because they were holding out until they updated their entire branding, and the subsequent wordmark logo. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 1/26/2016 at 2:26 PM, Dante_X said:

not so good pic of Montreal primary new jersey

CZqzP4dUkAAd6Nj.jpg

While I don't think its actually a primary due it being a two year old teamwear jersey. There is a MLS patch on the right sleeve. It's hard to see but you can see the 45º angle of the blue/white from their version of the MLS badge. If you can't see it, note the disruption in the 3 adi stripes doing down the sleeve about midway.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

NYCFC season ticket holders can once again vote for the design of the captain's armband:

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/01/27/vote-2016-new-york-city-fc-captains-armband

image.jpeg

Will have to get a non-phone look at it, but I'm a sucker for the NYC tricolor. 

The NYCFC one with the subway tiles is fantastic. Use that. The New York tricolor is allright, but the shade of blue doesn't match

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived