2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's an actual leak of the Vancouver secondary: 

image.jpeg

I suspect the back of the shirt will likely be solid navy.

If that is a full navy back I think that would be a bit of a conflict when playing a team with a dark blue or black jersey. Weird. Love the lighter blue though.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

If that is a full navy back I think that would be a bit of a conflict when playing a team with a dark blue or black jersey. Weird. Love the lighter blue though.

Are you forgetting the fact that they also have their primary, all-white kit?...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, hawk36 said:

No, and you're right that could work. I guess having such a light and dark half and half is kind of tricky. Would rather they just went all light blue. But we'll have to see.

Do they play NYCFC this year? That could get annoying if they both wear their light kits. This is why MLS should make sure each team has a third kit or that the two kits won't conflict with everyone else's uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

SKC still wears light blue at home though, paired with navy shorts, so the clash problem is still there. Perhaps SKC will wear whatever their new away kit turns out to be at home, while Vancouver would wear the usual whites. 

There's a real glut of light blue/navy teams in MLS right now, and that will only be made worse by the entry of Minnesota United (unless they change colors). Vancouver executes the combo the best, at least. But it is a little odd that MLS put the kibosh on third kits when there seems to be a practical need for them. That or teams need to coordinate their aways better.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, Digby said:

SKC still wears light blue at home though, paired with navy shorts, so the clash problem is still there. Perhaps SKC will wear whatever their new away kit turns out to be at home, while Vancouver would wear the usual whites. 

There's a real glut of light blue/navy teams in MLS right now, and that will only be made worse by the entry of Minnesota United (unless they change colors). Vancouver executes the combo the best, at least. But it is a little odd that MLS put the kibosh on third kits when there seems to be a practical need for them. That or teams need to coordinate their aways better.

I heard that the Sounders will have an aqua third kit this year. Is that only for non-MLS matches then?

2 hours ago, Digby said:

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/08/15/caps-suffer-heartbreaking-4-3-defeat-skc

But the Whitecaps can just wear their home set on the road against SKC, like last year

39 minutes ago, Murricles_41951 said:

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/08/15/caps-suffer-heartbreaking-4-3-defeat-skc

But the Whitecaps can just wear their home set on the road against SKC, like last year

I don't think light blue and white have nearly enough contrast, but someone at the MLS office doesn't agree with me.

2 hours ago, Murricles_41951 said:

Even with the navy shorts?

Navy shorts make it a little better, sure (I remember a Galaxy/SKC match a couple years back when SKC still wore light blue shorts -- it was on a bright sunny afternoon and utterly impossible). But the shirt is more important and maximizing contrast there ought to be a bigger priority, and I don't see why it's such a challenge to require teams to have a light shirt and a dark shirt. 

One thing not mentioned so far in this thread: TFC may have a new shirt sponsor this year. They were actually meant to have a new one last year before re-upping with BMO for 1 more season.

From the Red Patch Boys forum:

" I have a bit of inside information (I'm not usually this cool). This is from a couple inside folks within the banking / sports sponsorship areas. 
So BMO as a company is moving towards basketball as their main sport affiliation. This year BMO was "given" the TFC shirts as part of a bigger deal to get the $$ for the Raptors. Thats why there was such a big delay in announcing the sponsorship as they were dotting the ii's in the bigger deal. Next year the TFC shirts will be a new sponsor. They are actively shopping right now. "

" I have an inside source at MLSE and I asked if I should get a stadium jacket this year or wait until next year if the sponser is changing. 
I work for CIBC and I hate wearing BMO branded stuff when I'm trying to support the TFC.
I have been told that the sponser will change, but he didn't say to who. "

Kia seems like the consensus to take over, but nothing confirmed yet.

Archived