2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FlyingLamprey said:

I generally don't like the same sponsors for two teams, so I am glad at least one of them is changing.  Kia would be fine for a sponsor.

And it looks like San Antonio is finally unveiling their identity on Thursday:
CaPPJV2UkAAbK4j.jpg

Soccer/Football club: ✔️

Owned by the Spurs:✔️

Cmon ...do it. 

Give us "San Antonio Hotspur FC" lol

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, they've had some great looks in their history, all of them spoiled by the hideous sponsor logo.

...let's add for consideration their use of multiple shades of gold, yellow, and khaki over the years for spoiling their looks as well.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

27 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Is there a rule that they have to have the sponsor on there for jerseys sold to the public? I did a quick search and can not find any Union jersey's being sold without the sponsor on there. Must be a rule or in their agreement, etc.?

I know if I were paying a lot of money to sponsor a team's jerseys, I would require as a part of the agreement that all replica jerseys have my company logo on them.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Would have preferred white Adidas stripes for D.C. but still a nice looking kit. And how the hell do they get that phrase wrong lol.

Also, I guess all of the new kits include a little team specific logo on the bottom in the front..didn't notice it at first but I think all of the new kits have one

If it's like past kits adidas uses a long band of fabric on the inner collar, with the motto or club name repeating itself over and over. Cutoff points are usually random which is okay when if it just says, "DC UNITED" over and over, but when you have a motto like this, it looks bad.

52 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

If it's like past kits adidas uses a long band of fabric on the inner collar, with the motto or club name repeating itself over and over. Cutoff points are usually random which is okay when if it just says, "DC UNITED" over and over, but when you have a motto like this, it looks bad.

That's what I was thinking but they still messed it up. It should read "No taxation without representation" but there is not a "No" (Which would need to be between representation and taxation) so at best it could only read "Taxation without representation" which is still the opposite of what the slogan should read.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

22 minutes ago, kcchiefsfan said:

That's what I was thinking but they still messed it up. It should read "No taxation without representation" but there is not a "No" (Which would need to be between representation and taxation) so at best it could only read "Taxation without representation" which is still the opposite of what the slogan should read.

If I understand it, "Taxation Without Representation" is something of a political rallying cry for D.C., where residents pay federal taxes but don't have an elected member in Congress. 

I'm really, really enjoying MLS's apparently conscious effort to use this inaugural year with the strikingly new Adidas jersey template to focus on iconic looks in relatively understated ways, especially in combination with removing the third kits this season.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

5 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

No, "Taxation Without Representation" is correct.  Here's the DC license plate, as seen on the Presidential car:

Inaug13dc.jpg

I know it sounds better the other way with the "No", but if the phrase is repeated across the inner collar, what Adidas wrote isn't incorrect.

Of course, they probably should have taken pains to ensure that the full phrase was visible in its correct form along the back of the collar.  Better yet, save the eagles for between complete phrases, not in between each word.  Breaks the flow. 

That aside, holy :censored: ing :censored: , is that a good-looking shirt.  Love the skyline.  Between that and the new badge, DCU just got a massive upgrade I didn't even realize they needed. 

20 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Is there a rule that they have to have the sponsor on there for jerseys sold to the public? I did a quick search and can not find any Union jersey's being sold without the sponsor on there. Must be a rule or in their agreement, etc.?

I don't know if there is but I grabbed a replica a couple of months before the inaugural season (sans sponsor) and I'm glad that I did!

On 2/3/2016 at 9:52 AM, Berlin Wall said:

I love it!

2i7ww48.jpg

I like it (minus the sponsor logo, of course). The incorporation of the snake is a nice touch, and the gold seems to be well...gold. Much better than the khaki color. I don't like how they have pretty much killed off the signal blue color. It is definitely different from the sky blue that is running rampant in the league. Maybe the clash kit will be signal blue again? Probably not but I'm hoping.

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No, "Taxation Without Representation" is correct.  Here's the DC license plate, as seen on the Presidential car:

Inaug13dc.jpg

I know it sounds better the other way with the "No", but if the phrase is repeated across the inner collar, what Adidas wrote isn't incorrect.

Of course, they probably should have taken pains to ensure that the full phrase was visible in its correct form along the back of the collar.  Better yet, save the eagles for between complete phrases, not in between each word.  Breaks the flow. 

That aside, holy :censored: ing :censored: , is that a good-looking shirt.  Love the skyline.  Between that and the new badge, DCU just got a massive upgrade I didn't even realize they needed. 

I think it is hilarious that DC has an official slogan which is basically a big F-you to the rest of the country because we allow an entire city of Americans to exist with no congressional representation just because they are not in a state.  That needs to get fixed, but so does the DC United jersey.  How do you get the slogan wrong on the jersey?  weird.

Archived