2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

On February 3, 2016 at 8:52 PM, NYCdog said:

Soccer/Football club: ✔️

Owned by the Spurs:✔️

Cmon ...do it. 

Give us "San Antonio Hotspur FC" lol

On mobile, but I made this the minute the Spurs announced the team https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW2HRgGU8AA-8DU?format=png&name=large

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

I'm really, really enjoying MLS's apparently conscious effort to use this inaugural year with the strikingly new Adidas jersey template to focus on iconic looks in relatively understated ways, especially in combination with removing the third kits this season.

This is confusing to me. I see a thread on Reddit that is talking about this, with no source.

Footy Headlines is reporting a 3rd kit for the Sounders in 2016:

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/10/seattle-sounders-2016-training-kit.html

The Seattle Sounders 2016 Training Kit will be unveiled in early 2016, whereas the club will later launch both a new Home and a new Third Kit. The Seattle Sounders 2016 Home Kit will feature the club's traditional colors, while the Seattle 2016 Third Jersey will combine teal and navy.

la-front_back-0.png

la-jock-tag.pngla-crest.pngla-external-tape.png

" Finally, there's the crest--with a star update. The single gold star is part of a new star convention on MLS jerseys; this one represents five MLS Cup wins."

Really love these kits. I really wish MLS would stick with a consistent policy on championship stars. The gold one now represents 5 championships.

9 minutes ago, aztex82 said:

Really love these kits. I really wish MLS would stick with a consistent policy on championship stars. The gold one now represents 5 championships.

I agree. But wasn't there another kit with a gold star? Maybe Portland or San Jose?

On 2/3/2016 at 9:23 AM, njdevs7 said:

I love that shade of gold but for the love of god Philly, stop with the gold strip down the front!

I want to see them try a more "traditional" PL-esque look with a solid blue shirt, gold piping(on the collar and sleeves),gold Adidas logo on the right chest and team logo on the left.

Gold name and number on the back, and if they ever abolish league wide number fonts, something close to the font on AI era Sixers jerseys.

Pair it with gold or white shorts and blue socks (try navy stripes?)

A white version can be their second jersey (or even their homes if they wanted to)

YVRMUBj.png

Union looks beautiful. Finally they stopped adding extraneous spikes and piping, the blue with the gold stripe is already so far apart from everything else that they don't need a third color.

gaLAxy look good, but the sash looks a little bit too vertical and i don't like how it doesn't cut cleanly.

I don't like the MLS star system. A star above the crest should be a really big achievement, a reward for organizational excellence, not something you add because you  got lucky in the playoffs one year, that should only be present on your kit the year immediately after the win at most. A star for every championships just reeks of the "everybody gets a medal" attitude.  5 championships for a star is a good compromise, eventually other teams will reach 5, there's no need to rush things to make teams look more storied than they are. For the current champions bring back the scudetto or make the MLS patches gold or something like that.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I love that shade of gold but for the love of god Philly, stop with the gold strip down the front!

I want to see them try a more "traditional" PL-esque look with a solid blue shirt, gold piping(on the collar and sleeves),gold Adidas logo on the right chest and team logo on the left.

Gold name and number on the back, and if they ever abolish league wide number fonts, something close to the font on AI era Sixers jerseys.

Pair it with gold or white shorts and blue socks (try navy stripes?)

A white version can be their second jersey (or even their homes if they wanted to)

But that's their thing. Like, Its in their logo and it's been their look. Like I'm pretty sure its always been that in their short little history. 

You're probably going to hate ATL's jersey too if the rumors are true and they have two gold stripes down the front aren't you?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

46 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

But that's their thing. Like, Its in their logo and it's been their look. Like I'm pretty sure its always been that in their short little history. 

You're probably going to hate ATL's jersey too if the rumors are true and they have two gold stripes down the front aren't you?

I'm fine with stripes (plural) but one wide stripe in the middle just looks weird IMO.

YVRMUBj.png

7 hours ago, Digby said:

I wonder if the neck tape is cut somewhat randomly so that the slogan will appear right on some but not on others? Maybe at least on different sizes?

That would account for it.   Although they still should have put eagles between *phrases*, not words. 

2 hours ago, NYCdog said:

The San Antonio Spurs have a soccer team ...quite literally. 

Terrible effort.

Not surprised to see red in the logo. I feel the only reason it's there is because 80% of the stadium is red. San Antonio FC is about as generic as you can get. But since they weren't going to be called Spurs FC they weren't going to be taking risks. I would have preferred Alamo City Defenders as it would tie in to the Alamo as well as the supporters groups. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My problem with Philadelphia is the same as with the USMNT. When they have such a strong reference to the flag of Philly with their kit design, why is the crest the other way round? They could literally just invert the gold and the blue in the inner circle and it would be fine. Like this:

21e2t0l.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The navy and gold look is so drab. (I had a similar complaint about New England before they used more red and switched to white shorts.) A striped jersey in that brighter blue and yellow from the city flag would have been so much better, alas.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived