2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

12 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I'm fine with stripes (plural) but one wide stripe in the middle just looks weird IMO.

I like the single front stripe.  Seems like an inspiration from Ajax, who I have always thought had a great unique and easily recognizable look.  

456404658-ajax-amsterdams-team-players-p

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like San Antonio.  The name is dumb and I would've prefered to see them use the fiesta colors somewhere in there (maybe those instead of the red?), but I like it overall.

Columbus is supposedly releasing their new kit next Wednesday at 2:30p Eastern.  They'll stream the reveal live on their site.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Adidas is doing a great job on the 2016 kits.

Also, it's been a year for the new MLS logo and it looks like it's always been that. They did a great job with it, and the team-specific coloring has been nice too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My biggest beef with Adidas soccer uniforms has been the three stripes on the shoulders/sleeves of the jerseys. It just looked gaudy to me. Moving the stripes to the sides of the jersey was a good move. They don't bother me nearly as much on the sides as they did on the sleeves.

Are the MLS clubs going to be the first to wear this new Adidas template? I'm currently watching a German league game on Fox where both teams are wearing the old template. Same goes for Southampton in the Barclays PL game on NBC. Just a little surprising the North American league would be the first to use the new stuff over any of the European leagues.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

My biggest beef with Adidas soccer uniforms has been the three stripes on the shoulders/sleeves of the jerseys. It just looked gaudy to me. Moving the stripes to the sides of the jersey was a good move. They don't bother me nearly as much on the sides as they did on the sleeves.

Are the MLS clubs going to be the first to wear this new Adidas template? I'm currently watching a German league game on Fox where both teams are wearing the old template. Same goes for Southampton in the Barclays PL game on NBC. Just a little surprising the North American league would be the first to use the new stuff over any of the European leagues.

The jerseys worn in Europe(like my beloved Marseille) are the ones that have been in use since the beginning of the 2015 2016 season, when the stripes were still on the shoulder. 

All the new European national jerseys(see Germany) have had the striped moved. MLS just starts in March, so the new jerseys come first. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Adidas is doing a great job on the 2016 kits.

Also, it's been a year for the new MLS logo and it looks like it's always been that. They did a great job with it, and the team-specific coloring has been nice too.

Damn it.  I really wish NYCFC was getting a new blue shirt this year. 

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

New templates for Adidas tend to come out by calendar year rather than traditional soccer season, so by virtue of the non-traditional spring-to-fall calendar, MLS teams debut new Adidas templates almost every year (though, often in parallel with international teams). It probably also helps that Adidas invests a ton into MLS relative to its on-field quality. It's pretty cool.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Oh god that collar is awful. Do it or don't; gimmicks like that don't look good in the moment and never age well.

And this after I just said Adidas is nailing it with MLS!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived