2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

21 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

I think there is no new third league wide but this might not be true 

Seattle will be the last team to receive a new third kit. The teams that unveiled a third kit last year (like SKC) will carry those over through this season, but Seattle will be the last to unveil a new one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Anyone heard anything on the Sounders new third? 

I thought I heard on the weekly Sounder At Heart video/chat that they are getting a new home rave green, AND a new aqua blue third. If I remember right the guy said he hadn't seen the aqua but that he had spoken to some that had seen it and said it looks great. Hopeful.

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It isn't the goalkeeper jersey, is the away jersey. Look at bottom right of the jersey and on teaser, the same NYC logo.

The NYCFC teaser logo is orange whereas that jersey has a blue one. 

I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Like Gothamite said it might be "one of those color-change-at-different-angles things" or sample jersey. It isn't gk shirt for 100%, because MLS teams don't get a dedicated GK and new GK template is onore 16, which looks completely different.

4r2eer.png

49 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Like Gothamite said it might be "one of those color-change-at-different-angles things" or sample jersey. It isn't gk shirt for 100%, because MLS teams don't get a dedicated GK and new GK template is onore 16, which looks completely different.

Oh, I see. Thank you.

It's not the best looking set out there...and I was a big fan of the black road uni. But I'll still end up getting it anyway. Go NYC!!!

20 hours ago, Bmxtwins said:

Sadly, that is the new NYCFC kit.  It looks horrible with so many of these circles. I imagine the home kit stays the same or maybe the actual model changes, but colors don't. Maybe it will look better on the pitch.

image.jpeg

Thinking about it, thinking about it HARD, this might be in reference to NYCFC being THE city of New York's team. Seeing as they do play in NYC and the rings may represent the team radiating from the center of the city. So, it's kind of a big F U to the Cosmos in the current NASL. Just an observation.

13 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

The more I see it I feel it is a keeper jersey. Looks 100% like a keeper jersey to me. That would at least make more sense.

image.thumb.jpeg.e9420ae36746bfd718ed945

This is the goalkeeper shirt template for the entire league this season. As others have said, that is definitely NOT a keeper kit. Not sure what you haven't understood about that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9420ae36746bfd718ed945

This is the goalkeeper shirt template for the entire league this season. As others have said, that is definitely NOT a keeper kit. Not sure what you haven't understood about that.

I'm just saying that it looks MORE like a keeper jersey than a field player jersey. Who's to say that template above won't have the fabric design elements seen in the leak above? The leak could be a keeper jersey to sell to the public. Hey, I could be 100% wrong but bottom line is it looks more like a keeper jersey to me than anything else.

17 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'm just saying that it looks MORE like a keeper jersey than a field player jersey. Who's to say that template above won't have the fabric design elements seen in the leak above? The leak could be a keeper jersey to sell to the public. Hey, I could be 100% wrong but bottom line is it looks more like a keeper jersey to me than anything else.

The MLS uses a standard and generic adidas goalkeeper kit template every season, with only a select number of colors. The template for this year can be seen in the picture above and also here:

image.jpeg.f682c31bbe2be7c92f6da80c4d2e8

image.thumb.jpeg.540f2c143740af8793c5a96

The MLS does not do team-specific designs for goalkeeper kits, and so, as everyone has already said, that NYCFC kit is absolutely not a keeper kit. Sure it may look more like a keeper kit to you, but it is already known that it is not.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

- The radiant/reflective effect on the Orlando sun-lion on the badge is really slick.  

- The SKC jersey is just drop-dead sexy...definitely picking one up.  It's one of those jerseys you can pair with a nice pair of jeans and shoes and look sharp enough for a casual Friday at the office...at my office anyways.

Archived