2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The Crew will be unveiling their 2016 kits tomorrow at 2:30pm est.

Link to the stream: http://www.columbuscrewsc.com/post/2016/02/09/2016-crew-sc-jersey-launch

Could it be a yellow to white gradient? If that picture above is a picture of the kit then that's what it looks like it could be.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

The only positive thing I can say is that atleast they retained a yellow kit (sort of). But it looks awful.

I hate the Crew.....HATE THE CREW....but I really, really, really do hope that it's a training jersey and not their secondary. 

I bet ownership was originally planning on making this jersey white with no yellow design, but added the yellow to it after backlash from fans about no longer having their beloved yellow jersey which has long been an iconic part of the Crew identity. 

IIRC the teaser picture in the MLS catalog that has been posted here showed the city flag on a white background, with no yellow visible. 

Edit: nevermind, the catalog image just has a zoomed in picture of the flag, with only the seal in the middle visible. 

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

In news that may or may not be related to that Crew leak fauxbacking to MLS Year One, there is this:

So perhaps this is what, the third year running of "no more third kit" rumors that turn out to be unfounded?

I'm guessing they probably just got league approval to wear last year's yellow kit in a few games after all the backlash from the fans when it was revealed that the black kit would be the new primary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

I'm guessing they probably just got league approval to wear last year's yellow kit in a few games after all the backlash from the fans when it was revealed that the black kit would be the new primary.

According to the Head of Business Operations for the team (I questioned him on this at a supporters event last night), last year's yellow will be staying around as an alternate to be worn at select home games, and he said something to the effect of, "the rumors of the yellow jersey disappearing have been greatly overstated."

If that's true, wonderful, and I hope it is. Because that thing is a hot mess.

Pennants.jpg

Archived