2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

These are so disgusting. As a Crew fan, I'm appalled.  

Considering the Crew will likely have to wear the new secondary for the season opener, the MLS Cup rematch will not be nearly as visually appealing as the final was. I'm really not looking forward to seeing those in action against my Timbers.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Columbus Crew's new jerseys are hilarious. They look like a rec league set and I kind of appreciate how earnestly bad they are.

Isn't it strange that 20 years later, only one low-res photo exists of the MLS jersey reveal? 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't know how all of you will feel about this, but I think that the MLS lacks teams that wear hoops or stripes (think Stoke/Southampton/QPR). Teams whose crests include stripes should definitely be sporting them on their kits. I know Montreal Impact had striped kits a few years ago but I really think they should bring them back because it would go well with their logo. Hopefully Atlanta Utd will wear AC Milan-type stripes on their kits like is shown in the background of their crest.

Giving Columbus's jerseys a second look, it is actually salvageable. This white shirt with yellow front accents isn't working but a (fully) yellow shirt with white sleeves could work.

The blue shorts are an abomination and need to be burned ASAP.

Now that I'm getting a closer look at it, the NYCFC jersey is amazing! Just please remove the sublimated circles...

"This city never sleeps"

YVRMUBj.png

From Hudson River Blues (NYCFC SB Nation blog) http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2016/2/10/10959696/uniwatch-nycfcs-secondary-kit-officially-revealed

In the interview, Walker discusses the design process that went into creating the secondary kit, and ideas behind the new look.

"We knew it needed to be about New York and really engage the fans of each borough," said Walker. "This was a chance to go and do something slightly different, a little bit more engaging."

Walker explained the meaning behind the waves of energy that appear to be emanating from the crest itself:

"It’s the epicenter of what we’re talking about," said Walker. "It’s the energy and chaos of New York and that is why the lines are not perfect circles— there’s a lot of variation within there to show that it’s not a perfect circle. New York is a little crazy and a little bit chaotic, but always comes with a lot of energy. Once you get these descriptors, this translates into art very well."

and some info about a new home kit for 2017

Walker also gave the NYCFC.com team a sneak peek on the early design pitches for next season’s home kit."There will be a new design element, but I would expect it to be City blue," said Walker.

D8_Jersey_Info_NYCFC.0.JPG

YVRMUBj.png

20 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Giving Columbus's jerseys a second look, it is actually salvageable. This white shirt with yellow front accents isn't working but a (fully) yellow shirt with white sleeves could work.

The blue shorts are an abomination and need to be burned ASAP.

Now that I'm getting a closer look at it, the NYCFC jersey is amazing! Just please remove the sublimated circles...

"This city never sleeps"

This was apparently an early NYCFC prototype

CZMsWlGW0AULcME.jpg

YVRMUBj.png

2 hours ago, thefridge15 said:

Oh no

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.39.39 PM.png

hzWr5Tm.gif

Wow, Columbus. I'm all for some quirky designs, but this is ridiculous.

On the other hand, NYCFC is pretty good, I would've dulled the color of the circles a little bit, but other than that it's solid.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Sorry. But, the Crew should never wear red. Bad enough MAPFRE's logo on the stadium is in red (why couldn't they bend a little and go with yellow? or black on yellow background?). Can't really c.hant "Better Dead Than Red" (for Toronto, NYRB, NE, DC, and Chicago) when your team wears red

Archived