2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

3 hours ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

In depth New England

newenglandjerseyfrontback.jpg?null

I love the vertical stripes.  I also think the adi-stripe looks better on the side of the jersey than the top of the sleeve.  However, the combination of those two elements just doesn't work.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like Montreal going to stripes, but the execution is far from perfect. Other than the unnecessary seams that as usual cut off the stripes in every way, the blue panel on the back is not needed and is an eyesore, and the stripes cut off really awkwardly on the front. the sleeves should also be striped

like New England. Looks kind of like the mutant child between last years PSG and this years Hamburger SV,

RBNY also looks sharp

07Giants.pngnyy.png

New England: Overall I like the look...there's just too much going on though.  You have three logo components that make up the sponsor alone...the UHC text, the logo with the vertical lines and the wordmark.  Then you add the adidas logo with its diagonal lines, the messy Revs logo with its horizontal lines and the super strong twin vertical lines on the jersey itself, complete with angled cuts.  Logo clutter aside, I think it's pretty sharp.  Incorporating the green tree on the red and white back of the neck is neat.

Montreal: Overall I love it.  My one complaint again is not really something that is design related...I just hate how there is a giant BMO white circular logo right below the team crest...and it is bigger than the crest itself.  It's distracting.  I wish they would have just gone with "BMO" text centered on the shirt.  And the faux-collar stinks but it is pretty hard to make out on this shirt so it could be worse.  I love the silver pinstripes and the silver jock tag...they look sharp and they tie with the blue and black back to the crest.

Columbus: I just think they tried too hard.  It's a look I want to like because I love when a designer can take a series of colors that you would otherwise think clash and use them in a way that is not only pleasing but makes you re-think how you should feel about said colors being together.  But this shirt is not successful in that for me...I think the gradiant yellow lines ruin it the most especially as they run into the red vertical adidas stripes.  A solid yellow shirt with white sleeves and turquoise and red accents has potential but this looks like a mess.

NYCFC: For me this is the opposite of Columbus.  I want to hate it.  The pattern is just so busy.  The use of orange is nice but overboard...its like they took an orange highlighter over all the other elements in the design instead of just tasteful orange accents.  But...I kind of like it, damn it all.  How the pattern radiates from the crest with an almost hurricane like frenzy really creates an interesting movement that isn't just flatly concentric. 

Please no blue for TFC.

The grey/onyx is unique in MLS.  Just keep that colour. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

15 hours ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

More from Montreal. I like the stripes but the white pinstripes looks out of place, like beside the shoulder where the pinstripe cuts. But i do like to see the BMO logo in all white.

montrealcrest.jpeg?null

I really hate how the silver stripe abuts Montreal's crest.  It's really awkward. 

17 hours ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

montrealcrest.jpeg?null

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I really hate how the silver stripe abuts Montreal's crest.  It's really awkward. 

I agree.  They would be so much better off if they could line up the center of the badge with the edge of the black stripe.  That would put the silver line under the left side of the badge, and it wouldn't be so muddy.

There's a Revs track jacket that puts the Crayola flag inside of a roundel and I don't hate it. In a weird way I want the Revs to keep the flag forever to keep the 1996 MLS freak flag flying (and also as a trolling maneuver I guess). Maybe it will be around until 90s x-treme fashion inevitably comes back into style in a couple years. But another weird thing now is that the club has really embraced the New England "pine tree" flag that the supporters kind of brought into club culture -- so it's weird to heavily use that as the basis for a lot of design including the current away kit, but the logo is based on a different flag. Too many flags happening.

thumb.jpeg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On February 10, 2016 at 10:43 AM, njdevs7 said:

Minor, but RedBulls changed the colors of the MLS logo on their home kit.

D0X8Yoxl.jpgMatt-Miazga-Red-Bulls-DC-United-1-620x40

Thats good, because their old one was the same as the league standard. 

MLS_avatar-400x400.png

They're now the only ones who use red for the outline/slash. 

Time to update my graphic. 

MLSnext_next.png

Archived