2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Well they were winning in it. So there's that. 

Obviously winning a handful of games is enough to ditch the team colors and tradition... Wearing a black kit makes such a difference when it comes to winning...

5 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Obviously winning a handful of games is enough to ditch the team colors and tradition... Wearing a black kit makes such a difference when it comes to winning...

It was consistently winning over 2 seasons that they considered the black kits lucky. Personally, I would have preferred they keep the yellow kits as the primaries as that created a secondary nickname for the team. Heck, I even like the original team crest better. But players are superstitious and that's why they made the change back to the original home uniform colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/14/2016 at 6:48 AM, MJWalker45 said:

It was consistently winning over 2 seasons that they considered the black kits lucky. Personally, I would have preferred they keep the yellow kits as the primaries as that created a secondary nickname for the team. Heck, I even like the original team crest better. But players are superstitious and that's why they made the change back to the original home uniform colors. 

The current black kit was introduced in 2015.  They've only had it for one full season so far.

1 minute ago, radchad said:

The current black kit was introduced in 2015.  They've only had it for one full season so far.

Yes but they started putting wins together in 2014 with the previous black kits and started trying to use them more as the season progressed and allowed. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes but they started putting wins together in 2014 with the previous black kits and started trying to use them more as the season progressed and allowed. 

Also false.  The 2014 kits were a yellow primary and a mostly white away.
FORMATTED_All2_2.jpg

As it turns out, the black kit introduced in 2015 was their first black kit since the 2011 season.

21 minutes ago, radchad said:

Also false.  The 2014 kits were a yellow primary and a mostly white away.
FORMATTED_All2_2.jpg

As it turns out, the black kit introduced in 2015 was their first black kit since the 2011 season.

I tend to try to forget that white kit exists, so yes you're correct. But it was the players that requested moving to the black kit and the club agreed nonetheless. Doesn't mean it's the right decision, just saying that's why it happened. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Columbus wore black at home up until 2007 I think, when they first swapped the two choices. I don't care which they wear at home, I just think they should always wear black and yellow and never whatever you call the 2016 away.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Watching the MLS pregame show on Fox right now. I like Seattle's practice jerseys way better than their current game jerseys. Slap some lime green stripes on the sides of these and call it a day.

ff_2214468_full.jpg&w=340

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Maybe it's just my TV screen, but Seattle's green uniforms really blend in with the grass at a Sporting KC's stadium.

I've noticed that they tend to blend in a lot more on TV. In person they are really bright but TV can't really capture that for some reason.

8 hours ago, Digby said:

Two things I appreciate this year:

NY teams wearing their primaries in all derby matches.

MLS picking an all-star uniform that doesn't require their more famous guests to wear a change kit

Seconded.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, Digby said:

Two things I appreciate this year:

NY teams wearing their primaries in all derby matches.

MLS picking an all-star uniform that doesn't require their more famous guests to wear a change kit

The difference between last year's opponent and this year's is that last year's game seemed to be a way for Tottenham to show off the aways for the first time rather than waiting until the start of the Premier League season. Since Arsenal almost always wears their away strip when not at home, Chelsea, Tottenham and a couple other teams excepted, they don't need to break out the alternates to get them exposed. Plus, they'll probably wear them against Chivas next Sunday.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived