2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

Adding a 3rd color would fix that. What about Black with both red and green as secondary colors? You can do a lot with that combination. And since there seems to be a good chance that ATL will use Red/Black stripes (think AC Milan) I would hope that LA would avoid that.

Or they could go "Fluminense" with the look using black as a base instead of white.

fluminense-2013-adidas-retro-jersey.jpg?

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of their branding thus far has been black and red. Do we have any reason to believe the official colors will be anything else?

I'd think Atlanta's use of black and red might be enough reason to cast doubt. There's nothing that says two teams can't share the same colors, but I'd be surprised if the next two expansion clubs would come into the league with identical color schemes.

But on that same note 75% of the league uses some form of blue. So 2 new Black and Red teams would not be unheard of.

Fair point, though I think it's much easier to distinguish clubs wearing varying shades of blue than it would be two clubs wearing red and black. WideRight's correct in that a third color will make a difference.

Atlanta already uses a third color, and they're leaning on their gold heavily.

gettyimages-479840388.jpg

Check out their website it's all like the text on that banner - gold headings on a black background. Rather dreary, that dark gold and dark red paired with copious amounts of black. Really needs a lighter color in there somewhere.

I don't think there's a problem in any case, but presuming for a moment that there was, a bright red would solve it simply enough.

If MLS brass is not worried about Atlanta rolling in on DC United's black-and-red turf, I don't expect anything about LAFC rolling in on both of theirs.

The idea that there can be only one team to a colour scheme is pretty weird.

Consider Stoke, Sunderland, and Southampton.

_79560334_bojanandstoketeam-mates.jpg

299095_heroa.jpg

e97135fed9a9d7e0816f3b51d80391f1.jpg

Consider West Ham, Aston Villa, and Burnley.

james-tomkins-gettyimages-480966602-west

Aston-Villa-v-Liverpool---009.jpg

article-2576755-1C2622FB00000578-334_634

So I doubt that MLS will have any problem if LAFC's colours are similar to those of another team.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

If MLS brass is not worried about Atlanta rolling in on DC United's black-and-red turf, I don't expect anything about LAFC rolling in on both of theirs.

I do not understand this argument at all. "United" is about as generic a term that's used in the sport. DC gets as much exclusivity from that as "FC." Furthermore, DC dresses in black head to toe with minimal touches of white and red while Atlanta will be red and black stripes and is leaning heavily on gold as an accent color. Visually, the clubs will be night and day. For the record, I'm cool with LAFC adopting the same colors as DC or Atlanta. I'm sure they'll go with a different kit style if they do.

The idea that there can be only one team to a colour scheme is pretty weird.

Consider Stoke, Sunderland, and Southampton.

So I doubt that MLS will have any problem if LAFC's colours are similar to those of another team.

Well, yes, it's not a major problem however

1. European leagues didn't have the luxury to decide which colors their teams would have, or even the teams participating thanks to pro/rel. That leads to some years half of the league having the same kits (Example-Serie A 2005/06 had 3 teams that wore black and white stripes, another one that usually wore black and white stripes that changed to quarters for the season and two other teams with white shirts and black details). When too many teams have the same colors it becomes more difficult to understand at first glance who is playing, and it leads to a more widespread usage of clash kits than otherwise needed.

2. European teams have established 100+ year traditions. They're not coming out with color schemes on the spot, and when they adopted them brand recognition was hardly even a thing. MLS teams however do need to take that into account.

Personally, for me it's more about avoiding equal applications than equal color schemes.

I'm not against LAFC wearing black and red, it creates a beautiful contrast against the white/yellow/blue of the galaxy. If their target audience was more focused towards the iclass It'd be perfect, a dark no nonsense color scheme vs. a Real Madrid-like "Don't stain this"' look. Another color would be nice, even a silver could work.

I really want a team to try a halved shirt and with a red and black color scheme it could be great, however since AtlUtd uses stripes and DCU uses black they'll probably use a red shirt.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Do we know Atlanta will wear stripes?

If Columbus and DCU can both wear black kids, I can't see any reason why LAFC can't as well.

Child labor laws are probably different in LA so who knows :P

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I know they won't do it, but man I wish they would use black and hot pink. Something to rally around (well, market) as unique.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived