2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever was responsible for the Timbers rebranding when they were revived really missed the mark between the modern type, neon yellow, and complicated crest... The muted colors and simple logo of the Timbers' 3rd kit really embodies the club so much better than their primary kits and branding.

Whoever was responsible for the Timbers rebranding when they were revived really missed the mark between the modern type, neon yellow, and complicated crest... The muted colors and simple logo of the Timbers' 3rd kit really embodies the club so much better than their primary kits and branding.

Even the primary kit uses the simplified crest sans typography as of this year (although the neon remains) so it seems their series of A+ third kits have had some wider influence. Can't imagine Alaska Air is psyched about that, however. For me the regular, slightly-lighter green jerseys is still too close to black for comfort, but I guess I've seen worse episodes of clash in MLS.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Even the primary kit uses the simplified crest sans typography as of this year (although the neon remains) so it seems their series of A+ third kits have had some wider influence. Can't imagine Alaska Air is psyched about that, however. For me the regular, slightly-lighter green jerseys is still too close to black for comfort, but I guess I've seen worse episodes of clash in MLS.

Until this year, the club only used that simplified crest on their faux-back thirds. This year's primary is an exception, though that may have something to do with the club honoring its 40th year since its founding and fifth year in MLS. The red kit still uses the crest with the wordmark.

On a related note, that photo a few posts up of when Columbus and Portland met on Sept. 26 marked the last time the Timbers wore anything other than their dark-green third. Seems to be something of a good luck charm. I'm hoping they wear it again Sunday.

It says this is only a training top for 2016 but I'd love for the Sounders to use this as their away.

seattle-sounders-2016-training-kit-4.0.j

Yeah, that's the training top.

White stripes down the side from the armpits to hem, which I'm not a fan of (rather see a team color), but other than that it's really nice.

Here's what the two teams wore earlier this year:

usa-today-8827601.0.jpg

@MLS Twitter confirms this will be the matchup on Sunday. Seems both fan bases are disappointed, but if both fan bases wore their favorite kits there'd be a clash. Also saw a good point for commercial reasons, that the Timbers 3rd kit is now out of production, so there are none left to sell.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Neither do I.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVQP1UwUsAA_Udl?format=pjpg&name=large

This isn't bad, but Portland could have easily worn their third without a clash. In fact, there's more of a clash with the white shorts v. gold than there would be in all gold versus all dark green.

So the Crew fans are ok with abandoning their signature yellow look? I don't get people sometimes.

The team started playing better after they decided to make black the new primary this year. Personally I prefer the yellow kit because it's distinctive amongst teams on the league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, that was reported back in June.

http://www.massivereport.com/2015/6/10/8755843/columbus-crew-sc-to-abandon-gold-kit-in-2016

The second is reportedly "white with funky colors", presumably the colors from the city's seal (and consequently the flag):

Catalog.0.jpg

Bad move. I was hoping there would be a fan revolt and they'd have to keep the yellow primary. That's bad enough, but not to have any yellow jersey at all?

The same Adidas catalog also indicates a black & orange monochrome secondary kit for the Dynamo.

NYCdog.png

Moving that blue in a teal direction would be very smart for the Sounders. Civic imagery is all the rage in MLS and Seattle has one of the best possible flags for it:

262px-Flag_of_Seattle.svg.png

While we're on this topic, has any team incorporated either of those "striping" patterns (either the single tentacle or entwined tentacles) into a uniform design?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived