Good logos ruined by bad teams

FirearmofMutiny

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

270.png

Here's another one from Canada. This one suffered the same fate as the Expos. A what could've been team.

This is not true. As much as Quebec wants/deserves a hockey team, this logo was not very bad.

That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying while this logo is incredible, it had many terrible teams. They were once so bad that when Eric Lindros was selected #1 overall by them he refused to play for them. They are a what could have been team because one season after they moved away from Quebec, they won a Stanley Cup as the Colorado Avalanche.

Oops. I made a typo. That logo IS very bad... It's stuck in the 70's...

To me the Nordiques logo looks like an "N" blowing a toy pipe that had a ball in it like these:

SKU142983-01.jpg

ottawa-senators-first-logo.gif

tbl_logo-old.png

Yeah, I know they were born together... still valid for me. Those were nice hockey logos.

l_Oofwmilwaukee-brewers-team-retro-old-t

I'll also nominate the Cleveland Indians Chief Wahoo... while obviously racist, there was great attitude with that logo.

The Lightning won the Stanley Cup and the Sens reached the Finals, so I don't see how the NHL ones are bad. The Brewers I agree with, though. They are never good.

That's the original Senators logo that had to be eliminated for not being bilingual (joke's on them; Gatineau doesn't give a crap about the Sens anyway), which was worn by some truly awful teams. I think their first year they only won a single road game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

The purple/yellow LA Kings.

4851114.jpg

aapm051.jpg

While I do like black/silver for them, the original color scheme looked fantastic and suited the team well. Sure, it was piggybacking off of the Lakers, but both colors fit with "royal" imagery (purple being associated with royalty/elite going back to Roman times, and gold being gold). It's a shame they did so little while wearing both of their purple/yellow sets.

21 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The purple/yellow LA Kings.

[ snip ]

[ snip ]

While I do like black/silver for them, the original color scheme looked fantastic and suited the team well. Sure, it was piggybacking off of the Lakers, but both colors fit with "royal" imagery (purple being associated with royalty/elite going back to Roman times, and gold being gold). It's a shame they did so little while wearing both of their purple/yellow sets.

I could be wrong, but didn't the Kings actually wear purple and gold before the Lakers?

I still think the best the Kings ever looked was the black and purple era with the crown crest. Too bad they won their Cups right after switching back to the Raiders colors and the less attractive "home plate" crest. I do wish the Kings would wear their purple and gold more often, though... I seem to recall them being alts at one point. Lakers colors, Raiders colors... The reason I liked purple and black was because it was the only time they had a distinct color scheme relative to the other LA teams, although with the Raiders gone, I guess black and silver can be theirs now.

On 1/6/2016 at 5:42 PM, TheRoyalsFan20 said:

474.gif

Not one winning season with this logo. Including the 0-16 season

First of all that logo isnt good.  There never should have been any black added.

Second, that logo was only around for 6 years.  You make it sound like the Lions never had a winning season in 50 years...

Archived