MLS 2025 by soflo_sports (8/30 teams added)

soflo_sports

After being away from the boards for awhile, I've decided to re-focus my designs and make a fresh new project for the MLS. I decided to rebrand the league as if it were 10 years from now. Currently the league stands at 20 teams, with 2 future teams, Atlanta and Los Angeles. I decided to add those 2, along with 8 other expansion clubs, in hopes of re-designing the league. I will be posting the crests for the teams first, and once I finish with those, I will take a crack at designing some uniforms (each side gets 3 jerseys) that will be made by different manufacturers. I hope you enjoy this series!

My first crest design is for Atlanta United FC, a 2018 expansion team.

Atlanta United FC started play in 2018, and were purchased by Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons. They began play in their new stadium, but struggled to thrive. They missed out on the playoffs 4 consecutive seasons, and they needed a change. The change came in 2022, when the club purchased a pair of Premier League superstars, Wayne Rooney and Vincent Kompany. However, the club knew they couldn't put their future in the two, (Rooney was 37 and Kompany 36), so they did the impossible and sold nearly 1/3 of their team in exchange for spending money. They used their money wisely and signed numerous American national players such as Joe Gyau, Joe Corona, and Timothy Chandler. The team had become stacked, and in the 2022 they finally made the playoffs, and won the Eastern Conference. They made it to the semi-finals but lost on penalties to the Columbus Crew, ending their Cinderella run. They made it to the playoffs the next two seasons but were eliminated in the first round on both occasions. For this upcoming 2025 season, they have many competitors in the Eastern Conference such as Inter Miami, Toronto FC, and their arch-rival Carolina City.

ATLANTA UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

aufcbadge.png

soflo copy.png

There are some good things in this logo, but in my opinion some tweaks need to be made.

1. If you are putting the shadow on all of the logo then it should be on the banner as well so that the banner is half gold and half dark gold

2.Try to make your own Phoenix, don't just take the one from the city seal

3. Maybe include more of the team name then just Atlanta and maybe change the name

4. Do you need the black outline?

Thank you for the criticism I'll keep it in mind. My next team is another southeastern expansion club from Charlotte, North Carolina, Carolina City SC.

Founded in 2019, Carolina City was thought of as a dark horse entering their first season. They barely had any players with MLS experience, and they faced a challenge as they were put in a packed Eastern Conference consisting of 4-time champions DC United and the previous champion, Columbus Crew. However, they found a way to work with nothing and they qualified for the playoffs in their first season, as well as their next 3 seasons. Then the greatest upset in MLS playoff history happened in 2022, when the 8th seeded Carolina side defeated the 1st seeded New England Revolution 2-1 with two stunning goals from US national player, Terrence Boyd. They were moving on to the next round where they won 5-2 on aggregate to New York City, but were eliminated in the next round to Inter Miami FC. This was their best season in club history, but they fell out of playoff talks the following year after they lost their star player Aron Johannsson to DC United. They haven't been back to the playoffs since their dream season in 2022, but they have high hopes for next season after getting the 1st pick in the draft, DeSean Anderson, a center mid from the University of North Carolina.

CAROLINA CITY SOCCER CLUB

carolinabadge.png

soflo copy.png

what is the idea behind the name and crest for carolina city?

I wanted to make a more European sounding name for the club, and the crest is inspired by the Carolina RailHawks (hence the hawk) and the city of Charlotte nickname, the Queen City (Hence the crown) I also thought that blue and yellow complimented the look nicely.

soflo copy.png

what is the idea behind the name and crest for carolina city?

I wanted to make a more European sounding name for the club, and the crest is inspired by the Carolina RailHawks (hence the hawk) and the city of Charlotte nickname, the Queen City (Hence the crown) I also thought that blue and yellow complimented the look nicely.

The hawk thing doesn't make any sense the Railhawks are in Cary, North Carolina, which is outside Raleigh. If you wanted to base it off of a current team then it would be the Charlotte Independence. You need to work on your research.

So scrap the hawk. and the triangle doesn't make any sense inside the circle, choose one

Then for the name you need to pick one Carolina City or Queen CIty, its weird having both on the crest, I propose Queen CIty FC as a name.

Updated Atlanta crest

aufcbadge.png

you need to change the phoenix, make your own, don't just take it from the city seal

Seal_of_Atlanta.png

you need to change the phoenix, make your own, don't just take it from the city seal

Here's an example of the seal that isn't a horrible trace job:

City-Seal....Color_-294x300.jpg

It doesn't appear that the version in his logo is exactly the same as the version on the seal (or the bad version you posted). Nevertheless, it's not uncommon (outside of the US, I suppose) that teams use elements directly from a city's seal/crest/what have you.

Also, comments and criticism on these boards are to be constructive; please keep that in mind and try not to simply tear down concepts or come across as demanding.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

^yeah but they don't take the it literally from the seal, having a phoenix is ok but you can't just take it from the seal. it is one literally taken from the city seal

I did use a Phoenix that wasn't directly taken from the seal. If you look at my crest it is a very different Phoenix from the two city seals that have been posted

soflo copy.png

My next team is a 29-year club, the Chicago Fire SC.

Chicago Fire SC was at their 20-year point in 2016, and were in desperate times. The struggling Fire, sacked their manager and GM, in hopes of turning the team around. That year, unbeknownst to the club, they drafted their next superstar, a young budding center attacking mid from the University of California named Jeremy Bell. Bell joined forces with Harry Shipp and Designated Player, Kennedy Igboananike, as the side qualified for the playoffs in 2017. However, after three years of success under their new coach and Jeremy Bell, the side was forced to sell Igboananike along with center back, Ty Harden to Philadelphia. The side failed to flourish without two of their key players, and lack of defensive anchors. The Fire allowed the most goals in the league that year in 2020, and they have failed to make the playoffs since 2019. They still have Bell and Shipp, and they hold the 3rd overall draft pick in 2025's stocked draft class. The Fire hope to get back in playoff contention and hope that they can possibly vie for the Cup.

firescbadge_copy.png

soflo copy.png

Colorado Rapids:

The Colorado Rapids career as a club has been filled with ups and downs. They have had some successful seasons and some not-so successful seasons. The club found their saving grace when the drafted Brian Paulson out of San Diego State University and he soared in his first couple seasons. The club was on the right track and they made it to the MLS Cup in 2019, but they fell short and lost to Toronto on penalties. The club was successful in the following years, despite never making it back to the Cup, but still making it to the playoffs in 3 straight years. But in 2023, Brian Paulson was sent away to Atlanta, as well as two of their key defenders who were sent away to Vancouver. The Rapids have finished dead-last in the Western Conference 2 straight years now as they look to re-build their team from their two early-first round draft picks, along with young stars, Dillon Powers and Dillon Serna. The Rapids may have had past struggles, but they have a bright future with four young stars.

rapidsbadge.png

soflo copy.png

Columbus Crew SC:

Columbus Crew SC have arguably been one of the Eastern's most successful franchises having been to 3 Cups (winning 2) and winning 3 Supporter's Shields. The club is headed in the right direction and are headed by their franchise players, Kei Kamara, Ethan Finlay, and Waylon Francis. The club won the Cup in 2018, and have made the playoffs every year since then. However, due to outstanding play in the Eastern Conference, the Crew haven't made a trip back to the Cup since the year they won it. Columbus, like every year, have high expectations, and high ambitions heading into their 2025 season.

crewscbadge.png

soflo copy.png

DC United:

The nation's capital club, DC United are one of the most successful clubs in MLS history with 4 Cups. However they haven't won one since the mid 2000's. The club has made the playoffs 11 seasons in a row, but they still haven't been at MLS Cup caliber in a while. As of last season, the side was the 2nd best club in the Eastern, and Arón Johannsson was their leading goal scorer. But outside of Johannsson, the team was struggling to score goals or field a productive attack. This all changed after they drafted a young prolific goal scorer named Kyle Martin from the University of Central Florida. They hope to have a more offensive season in hopes of capturing their 5th MLS title.

dcunitedbadge.png

soflo copy.png

Archived