NFL Development League - if the NFL had a minor league - COMPLETELY FINISHED

hockey week

I would have gone the whole Aztec Jaguar Warrior route, as it would be more colourful and tie in to the regions history well, but Caudillos could work as well. I wouldn't use the Raider's logo as a base. The eye patch doesn't really fit this new theme. Use a different face for a more Mexican feel. These are revolutionary soldiers, not pirates, make that clear.

You're right, I was lazy. It was easy to explain as "it helps connect it to the parent team", but they're plenty connected as-is. And claiming to not be a logo designer doesn't excuse the lack of creativity there. So I've made adjustments. Originally I just removed the eyepatch and tried for a slightly angrier look, but it also looked lazy.

So I added a Mexican hero, someone who I originally avoided because of potential to offend, but I figured there's plausible deniability if a league did something like this...it's a caricature at best, after all. So the new face of the Mexico City Caudillos is Poncho Villa, but officially it's simply "more authentic to the people of Mexico City and the actual Caudillos throughout their proud history"

x1lw3lo.png

091hotZ.png

hQ3IR9A.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not really a fan of the sponsors on the jerseys. They just clutter it up IMO. Maybe put them on the back under the number?

I truly hate jersey sponsors. I'm ideologically opposed, entirely. But, the AHL can't get away without one on the shoulder, the NFL's practice jerseys have them on the chest, and I can't imagine that the NFL would avoid the great financial opportunity of single ads on jerseys. If anything, I would think that there would be large full-chest ads under the numbers on both sides, perhaps replacing the nameplate and bumping the names to underneath the numbers.

Putting the ads there, where they're photographed every time you get their faces, which is the entire point. The ad patch, along with the patch for the parent team (don't think for a moment that the NFL teams would allow themselves to be forgotten), make it more difficult to brand each team, which helps the challenge.

I think it's a necessary evil, unfortunately. Definitely there for realism.

And, I'm at a complete loss for Raleigh (Carolina's affiliate), Birmingham (Atlanta's affiliate...really trying to avoid USFL names, and if anybody should have a horse-related name, it should be Denver's affiliate), and Louisville (Indianapolis' affiliate). Any suggestions?

I have no idea about Raleigh, but living near Birmingham, there are a couple options. It's nicknames are the Magic City (regarding how quickly the city grew) and the Pittsburgh of the South (steel industry). I would consider Hammers as the team nickname. References both the steel industry and the state bird (Yellowhammer) which would give a bird image to match the Falcons logo.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

I idea for Carolina affiliate, move the team to Charlotte and have them be the Charlotte Racer (all of the big racing headquarters are in Charlotte), just and idea

But isn't the Carolina NFL team in Charlotte?

Oops yeah I :censored:ed up there didnt I

This is a no-brainer. The only questions were "where?" and "what affiliation?" and I think it became obvious over time.

Austin Oilers - Affiliate of the Houston Texans

Austin is a young, exciting city with plenty of Millenials and hipsters who are clamoring to yell "Love ya Blue!" for real. The proximity of Austin to Houston makes it a logical extension of the fandom, and affiliating the Oilers with Houston, rather than Tennessee, keeps both the fandom and the money within the state of Texas. This is nostalgia pandering, but I don't think anybody will have issues with it. They'll just be happy to see the team on the field again. I'd expect these jerseys to be quite popular in Houston as well.

Any attempt to change the logo only made it worse, there's no improving it. Pushing the secondary logo, based on the seal of the city of Austin (with Texans logo elements mixed in), and the secondary logo. Pushing the location and ensuring that it's not Houston (or Nashville) with the team will be the biggest marketing challenge. The design mixes the 90s uniforms with the much much older font, covering all bases. The team in sponsored by Dell.

Primary logo:

ykWjR3m.png

Secondary logo:

yppiPsM.png

Wordmark:

WnoFlYd.png

Home jersey:

iYzHbEH.png

Road jersey:

cDb6mBV.png

Archived