NFL Development League - if the NFL had a minor league - COMPLETELY FINISHED

hockey week

Wheeling- I really like the WM logo thats in the primary, my opinoin stick with that. For the uniform add some silver lines to the sleave. White #s need to be yellow. I understand the headlamp thing, but truthfully it doesnt look the best.

Columbus- i achually like this, its a little crazy but i think the black and white would look nice on the feild. White Tiger as a name though...idk. How about Snow Cats? just an idea

Las Vegas- Now this is cool! I love this one! nice work.

Norfolk- Switch the blue and the black on the away. I think the quality of your pictures kill this one the most. as well this is way too much like the ravens. dont be afraid to change it up a little. Just an opinoin you dont have to take it but what you could do it eliminate the black, considering its no were in the logo and try to make the jersey look like a navy uniform considering its one of your sponsers. add more gold.

Mexico City- The updated logo helps alot, once again too much like nfl team, not against the uniform but it was mostly with the first logo you started with. i like it now looks good!

Auston- No Problem here, a nice traditional uniform

Orlando- Considering that would be a law suit be cause the logo is way too close to nasas. The secondary is really cool. just clean it up a little. I love the away. for the home i think the pants should be like the aways. a little consistency makes football uniforms awesome.

New Mexico- now this is were its different and i like it. the helmet is a big no no though. ive run in to this problem alot. you didnt use white in the home so the color balance was off in the away. Trust me i competely understand. My opinoin get rid of the black. 4 colors is alot. 5 is way too much. I would either go with Red Grey White... Grey Yellow White.... or Red Yellow White.

Memphis- No offense but just because jacksonvilles helemts are ugly doesnt mean you need to make their helmets ugly. U need to look over these uniforms and try to find a nice color balance because its all over the place.

Nebraska- why does it say Omaha on the back? Love the logo! not feeling the lines on the front. other than that i love it.

Milwaukee- HAHAHAHA that logo.... i love it looks good!. Guess what you didnt do again? whit in the home needs to happen. Color balance.

Vancouver- No on the primary logo. Really? we all know that was seatles old secondary. be more creative. This is the best jersey in this series hands down its awesome, only... Only if you change to colar

lastley if you r going to have ads take the white out of the background. Slow dow. think and create. my NFL Redesign started last year september. im currently at i think 29 teams. today. thats 15 months! its all about planing draw it out first. you have talent. a good analogy is drawing. you start off do something real quick. its a sketch. its not your best but you can work off of it. if you send it in for critisism your going to get ALOT. if you work on it for a while, work over every bump, and then get critisism on it your going to get a lot of good comments.

I hope i helped. i might of rambled a little but i think you can work on these.

I've been waiting for a comment like this the entire series. This is advice I can really sink my teeth into. I'm going to work on these and see what I can come up with.

I love when i get these on my concepts too, im glad too help. like i said you have some talent here.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the meantime, one of my most difficult, because I could not come up with a good name. I refused to do anything involving Native Americans or Confederate Civil War themes, so it made Richmond quite tough.

Virginia Federals - Affiliate of the Washington Redskins

The primary logo is based on the state seal of Virginia, with Liberty standing atop a toppled tyrant. This time, Liberty is clad in Redskins colors, wears shoulder pads, has a logo on her headwear, and is holding a football. The spear she holds now has feathers, tying the team to the parent club. The toppled tyrant, for obvious reasons, is in Cowboys colors.

The secondary logo, which is meant to be more easily printed, features a V with the Redskins' throwback spear in the middle of it. It's subtle, but it's definitely there.

The jersey is meant to be a bit of a fauxback, and one with the same colors, for equipment purposes, but a different balance to make sure the teams are never mixed up.

Sponsored by Capital One.

Primary logo:

dClHLEo.png

Secondary logo:

JhIAcuS.png

Wordmark:

yDGmFzu.png

Home jersey:

NuoCV4I.png

Road jersey:

fx32BAd.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Screw it, here's the rest. I can't even keep this on the first page, so it's time to stop banging my head against a wall trying to figure out what the last few teams should be.

Erie Blizzard - Affiliate of the Cleveland Browns

Erie is a city near and dear to my heart, I lived there for 6 years and loved everything but the weather. It snows in Erie, A LOT of snow. Everyone thinks they have more snow, but they don't, Erie was listed as #2 snowiest town in the country, behind only Syracuse, NY. Erie has also had a very successful indoor football team, the Erie Explosion, that has skipped from league to league because it's more viable than the leagues it plays in. Erie is perfect for a minor league football team.

The logo is based on the never-used CB helmet logo, and the secondary is a simple snowflake. The jerseys are kept simple, blizzard blue and white, with orange accents, both as a high-visibility color, and as a link to the parent club. As a city with a bit of an inferiority complex (nobody knows where Erie is, despite being a major inland port, formerly the largest inland fishery in the world, and the 4th largest city in PA, and the Erieites hate that people don't know), the team gets the city name across the chest, which works considering the parent club.

White at home is the preferred setup.

Sponsored by General Electric, who has a locomotive factory in Erie.

Primary logo:

LqQzDRV.png

Secondary logo:

ihharYa.png

Wordmark:

qmGj9ZN.png

Home jersey:

oumNVCq.png

road jersey:

KJoZlBu.png

Portland Lumberjacks - Affiliate of the Denver Broncos

Keep Portland Weird! That's the rally cry that I really wanted to come through with this team, but to do it without being completely off the wall. Considering Colorado's liberal streak as of late, I figured these two cities needed to go together.

Lumberjacks seems a bit too obvious, but I liked it and I couldn't think of anything better. The striping pattern was what I really set out to do, because I love the Steelers' bumblebees, but couldn't shoehorn them in Wheeling. Making the stripes much thicker should help most people's complaints.

The logo is a lumberjack, but his ax is a P shape for Portland.

Sponsored by Columbia Outerwear.

Primary logo:

WmnCumt.png

Wordmark:

q87zsvr.png

Home jersey:

baAMGRy.png

road jersey:

FEgoyYS.png

Kentucky Thoroughbreds - Affiliate of the Indianapolis Colts (located in Louisville, KY)

The Kentucky Derby is there, the Colts have a horse theme, it had to be done. The logo is a Colts player riding a derby horse. The secondary is a winning horse with a ring of flowers hanging about its neck...in an obvious shape.

The jerseys are simple, like the parent club, but with only one stripe there...you have to earn your second stripe when you move up to the NFL.

Sponsored by KFC (Yum! Brands is located in Louisville)

Primary logo:

kEcH6Bc.png

secondary logo:

0hrtiuJ.png

wordmark:

vy72CGK.png

Home jersey:

O0umOSC.png

road jersey:

v83hsMu.png

Alabama Vulcans - Affiliate of the Atlanta Falcons (located in Birmingham, AL)

Vulcans are the Roman god of fire, smelting, metalworking, and volcanoes. Birmingham is the Pittsburgh of the South and certainly up with steelworking. Vulcans seemed an underused choice (the only other Vulcans I know of are California University of Pennsylvania Vulcans) and seemed to carry the meaning I hoped for. Using Alabama instead of Birmingham made the logos possible.

The Primary logo is the hammer of Vulcan being held high between an A and V. The secondary is a flame, with football laces, coming out of a V with anvil-piece serifs. The jerseys are based on the Falcons, but changed slightly to highlight the logos

Sponsored by Coca-Cola.

Primary logo:

TbLpAlw.png

Secondary logo:

cGrfMeT.png

Wordmark:

KIDFabW.png

Home jersey:

271jyIH.png

road jersey:

x1ZV4zt.png

San Antonio Sheriffs - Affiliate of the Dallas Cowboys

I wanted something related to the Cowboys name, and everything from Wranglers to Deputies just didn't compare with the alliteration of Sheriffs. Plus, the star logo still makes a lot of sense. It's the same star logo, with colors reversed, and the circles on the points like every badge you've seen. The same simplicity, the obvious relationship, but you know it's not Dallas.

The jerseys are based on the Cowboys throwbacks and modernized.

Sponsored by iHeart Radio

Primary logo:

KxCUIxR.png

Wordmark:

C4qNTud.png

Home jersey:

KLLy2KE.png

96hd8zE.png

Baton Rouge B-52s - Affiliate of the New Orleans Saints

There are multiple bomb wings of B-52s located in Baton Rouge, and with this 50+ year workhorse, everybody knows it (or should know it) and I struggle to think of a better symbol of American military might.

The logos are a B-52 silhouette situated in a stylized B, a B-52 in flight, and a B-52 bomb run, which is used on the pants.

The jerseys are simple, like the Saints, who have rarely RARELY changed their uniforms. The flight logo is on the helmet, the B on the sleeves, and falling bombs make the stripe of the pants. It's a little busier than the Saints' uniforms, but hopefully one of the more interesting ones, attracting fans who otherwise have no allegiance thanks to cool elements.

Sponsored by Exxon-Mobile

Primary logo:

lZFgC2u.png

Primary logo alternate:

akpipEh.png

Secondary logo:

x4P1eac.png

secondary logo alternate:

9FPdeBt.png

Wordmark:

XpDPeOv.png

Home jersey:

WdOT9Vf.png

road jersey:

gXw4ekS.png

Hartford Minutemen - Affiliate of the New England Patriots

When you have a great old logo that you cannot use enough, this is the league for it. Throwback looks, fauxback looks, the stuff you can't use, that's what this league is for. Pat Patriot has a home here.

Considering how many red jerseys there are, how little a red jersey for Patriots makes sense, and the fact that the NFL team will surely use their red throwbacks from time to time, a blue version of the jersey was made. Slight recolors were done to the logo. The home jersey now matches what Pat wears, short of the helmet (it's not red, it's white).

Sponsored by Colt firearms

OlXcXmo.png

Secondary logo:

4DHdOpE.png

Wordmark:

V6m8Zv8.png

home jersey:

ihGXMfd.png

road jersey:

LKfDM87.png

Toronto Redcoats - Affiliate of the New York Jets

This is really the team that started all this, I've had this idea forever and wanted to see it work somehow. Imagine the Patriots taking on the Redcoats. Canadian patriotism versus American patriotism. It's too perfect. Now that I've shown the Hartford Minutemen, you see their most natural rival. I originally had them linked to Buffalo, but other things made too much sense for them, New York needed connections, and big city to big city made sense for management.

The primary logo is based on British garrison badges of the time, the Crown has to have a place on top, and the three leaves have been used as a Canadian symbol for a long long time - they graced the Canadian flag before the current one was introduced. Some green is included in the crown to make transitions between the clubs easier.

The secondary logo, on its own, is terrible. On the uniform, it makes more sense. It's a shoulder paldron, used to denote rank for centuries and is still involved in some uniforms. In the Redcoat era, it was more flashy and festooned with important pins, the crown, the football from the Jets logo, and the maple leaf.

The uniforms are meant to look like a football version of the British military ciirca 1812, when Canadian forces repelled American attacks throughout eastern Canada, and a white version of that uniform.

Sponsored by Scotiabank.

Primary logo:

kQejkNJ.png

Secondary logo:

qDXUpCw.png

Home jersey:

5XwRLg1.png

road jersey:

aDpcurc.png

Les Geants des Montreal - Affiliate of the New York Giants

The other big city team gets the other big city in Montreal. It's Giants in French, or so my research tells me.

The jerseys are Giants fauxbacks, they're not related to the Montreal Canadiens at all, I swear, no seriously guys, any look is coincidental...but it'll totally help acceptance of the team and drive jersey sales, no doubt about that.

Sponsored by Air Canada.

Primary logo:

3hhqJEp.png

Secondary logo:

EWIRtXz.png

helmet logo:

OHwdjvp.png

home jersey:

qey7xXh.png

road jersey:

SnCh7VU.png

Wichita Bombers - Affiliate of the Tennessee Titans

This was originally the Omaha Bombers, affiliated with Chicago, but using the look of the failed Baltimore Bombers was too modern for the Bears, and the color scheme (and helmet, and shoulder stripe) was perfect for Tennessee (who has red, but doesn't use it on the jerseys. This has baby blue, but doesn't use it in the jerseys). Then upon learning of Wichita's rich history of building bombers, I moved the team so that Chicago could have Nebraska back, two areas of old school football.

The generic plane in the logo has been replaced with a B-29, the plane that ended WWII and was made in Wichita. The jerseys have been modernized, as the original bombers drawings have a lot going on that was unnecessary.

Sponsored by Koch Industries

Primary logo:

qkVh0Jq.png

Secondary logo:

gRLiVeg.png

Wordmark:

Iw4RaV0.png

Home jersey:

2F0r1VV.png

road jersey:

95dDqQD.png

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Black Diamonds - Affiliate of the Philadelphia Eagles

This was the toughest name to come up with. The area is perfect, plenty of population close to Philly that loves minor league sports, but they're only known for Coal. Anthracite Coal, the hardest, toughest to use, and cleanest comes from this area almost exclusively. Black Diamonds was the best I got, short of reusing Miners.

The primary and secondary are based on the Lehigh Valley Rail Road logos, which served the area in the 19th century and allowed it to grow.

The jerseys are based on coal, with green grass above it, and the "wings" on the helmet are the flames of the coal furnaces, tying the team to the parent club while adding a cool element for the fans.

Sponsored by PNC Bank

Primary logo:

1nQx2Qa.png

Secondary logo:

vq21Pdq.png

Wordmark:

pLiovDB.png

Home jersey:

3NOQnOE.png

Road jersey:

DenkyHv.png

Rochester Jeffersons - Affiliate of the Buffalo Bills

Rochester has always been the little brother of Buffalo. The two cities are linked in everything. I originally wanted a team in Syracuse, but Rochester came up as a hub of Bills fans, and they once had an NFL team, the Jeffersons. The Jeffs, as they were called, weren't all that good, but the city is still very proud that they existed.

This is a reverse color red-first Bills affiliate, that I made before the Color Rush uniforms came out, but it looks very much like that.

The logos are based off of the Jeffersons original logos.

Sponsored by Kodak.

Primary logo:

9YgcWOK.png

Secondary logo:

cNYCc6W.png

Home jersey:

bDMCsA3.png

Road jersey:

jDhQN9T.png

Oklahoma City Warriors - Affiliate of the Kansas City Chiefs

With KC already on the logo, and OKC as the designation of Oklahoma City, and nobody complaining about the Chiefs as a nickname, I figured another tasteful use of that image would work out best.

The logo was obvious, the jerseys were a struggle. Kansas City hasn't changed anything, pretty much ever, and I didn't want just a gold version of everything (looks too much like McDonalds), so this was a real tough team to design. I actually used the old black fashion jersey as my starting point.

Sponsored by AT&T

Primary logo:

2SoGr3Q.png

Wordmark:

lkx7h5Q.png

Home jersey:

jXA6nRk.png

Road jersey:

8lc0OJs.png

Last one. It's not all 32, I think I'm 4 short, but those were becoming impossible to design, and with the lack of interest, I'm ok with letting this die a quiet death. Maybe I'll get back to editing and fixing the ones I've posted based on the little bit of feedback I've received, but I'm not going to put much more time into this if it's not getting looks.

Los Angeles Rams - Affiliate of the St. Louis Rams

This one violates all sorts of rules, but exemptions are always made, and this one is practically set up already. St. Louis gets its throwbacks out there and used, LA has a team that they recognize, and everyone gets to see great jerseys.

Sponsored by Disney.

Primary logo:

At7NUwC.png

Wordmark:

RYdtXbB.png

Home jersey:

BcZ4QkF.png

Road jersey:

JT1kkjU.png

According to my handy map, the following teams don't have affiliates.

Minnesota Vikings - thought: team in Calgary named the Highlanders, change the Viking to a Scotsman, use plaid as a design element

San Diego Chargers - thought: LA? Make them the Faults or the Earthquakes and make the lightning bolt into a crack? That idea sucks, I got nothing

Carolina Panthers - thought: Raleigh needs a team, have to incorporate red for NC State (would probably be at their stadium), that's not easy. No name ideas

Detroit Lions - thought: Reno...because old people and gambling? Idk, I'm at a loss here, nowhere else to go with them.

San Francisco 49ers - thought: Sacramento should probably have a team...nothing beyond that. Silence of the Rams has suggested putting this team in Reno (and he's probably right), no idea where to send Detroit then, still no good name/logo ideas beyond that

I think that's it, but I'm really banging my head against a wall trying to think of how to finish these last, tough teams, and this thread won't even stay on the top page. Would I like to finish it? Yeah. But There's other things I can do if nobody cares. I know it's not the best work, I'm no artist, especially digitally, my program is mediocre, and the bigger the project, the less time on each one - and feedback has been all over the place (Silence of the Rams, Canuckleball, and Lifhockey have been great, don't think this is about you) with "I don't like ads" (but minor leagues have ads, this was the most minimal I could go and be realistic), and "I don't like the NFL team logo there" (it's a minor league...they all put their affiliates on there. Where else could it go?), and "it looks nothing like the NFL team"/"it looks too much like the NFL team" hasn't helped improve any of the looks. I know we ignore the bad concepts around here, and there's no sense in continuing these concepts if they're bad.

So yeah, I want constructive criticism and suggestions, I want to finish it, but I know when to cut my losses and be done with a project.

Sorry for the rant, but that's why I went and finished out posting them, might as well get them put out there.

Archived