New Navy helmets for Army-Navy Game

mjrbaseball

These are really sharp. I admit that. But I do fear the potential implications. Also, I don't love that each unit has a different illustration. The word "uniform" indicates "same" and I think all the players should have the same helmet design.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Maryland wore hand painted helmets a year or two ago. I think the new renditions of the helmets are wrapped or dipped or something. But I'd be shocked if these aren't truly hand painted.

With the typically cold temps, these things will chip and scratch like crazy during the game. Interested to see how well they hold up after the game

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Part of me really likes this as a one off. Part of me hates what this could open the doors to for other things. College football uniforms are a strange monster I'll never understand.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

OR are they seriously saying they did like......attempt to paint that many? Their website lists 179 players and I'm sure some aren't suiting up but......how could they manage to get them all exactly the same? Not sure an army Navy of airbrushers could do that in quick order.

Fixed it for you.

these look great!

they are printed hydro-graphics or "dips".

original art was hand painted, then digitized and printed onto job specific substrate and dipped.

here are similar videos:

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Easy to do with a basic pattern, but I'm not sure these are dipped for the specific image with certain orientation, etc.. There is another method that is used, similar to dipping, but just heating the printed vinyl and stretching it onto he helmet.. Would make it much easier to ensure the ship is facing the right direction, etc

I actually love this.

6ZxZbjF.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived