2016 NASCAR Season Thread

LAWeaver

2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Don't get me wrong, it was an exciting finish, as I was jumping out of my couch and literally yelling at the TV for Custer to win. However, there's a difference between racing hard and flat-out wrecking someone like that. He could've at the very least put him in the grass/wall and went back on the track. The fact that he held him there and pinned him to the wall is what I have a problem with. 

Eh too me it was like craven and Busch slamming into eachother at darlington over a decade ago. They were doing the same thing trying to win.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, dont care said:

Eh too me it was like craven and Busch slamming into eachother at darlington over a decade ago. They were doing the same thing trying to win.

The broadcasters were talking about a time penalty that was given to someone that pinned an opponent against the wall back in 1991. They should have done that this time, too. If Custer doesn't get into his Chase because of this, he has every right to be furious, and to punt Nemechek every race during the Chase to make up for it to make sure he doesn't win.

For the record, I was pretty mad at Michael McDowell for spinning Alex Tagliani at the road race in Road America as well.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

2 hours ago, dont care said:

EXCEPT:

Neither Busch nor Craven pinned the other against the wall!  BIG DIFFERENCE!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If there wasn't a giant wreck behind them, someone else could have easily driven by them to win.

Also, the Custer-Nemechek ordeal could easily turn into a Kenseth-Logano type situation from last year.

From just a few hours on the Twitter feed, no other driver seems to agree with Nemechek NOR NASCAR's decision to allow him to win.  

Also:

10 minutes to render a decision?  What in God's green Canada were the officials doing?  Ordering Tim Horton's?  Getting more poutine?  It was an obvious decision: Award John Hunter the win or give him a time penalty.  EESH

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/09/did-a-photo-of-the-next-generation-toyota-camry-just-leak-.html

A new-generation 2018 Toyota Camry should be revealed sometime next year, and spy photographers have caught the popular family sedan testing, but there has been so much camouflage that we haven’t been able to make out any styling changes. Naturally, many would assume the Camry would retain its familiar, unoffensive design, but this leaked photo shows that Toyota might be going in a very different direction. In general, Toyota has tried to make its lineup look sportier, and the new design language will definitely make its way onto the new Camry.

2018-Toyota-Camry.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Richmond:

1. Hamlin

2. Larson

3. Truex Jr.

4. Keselowski

5. Harvick

6. Kahne

7. McMurray

8. Kurt Busch

9. Kyle Busch

10. Logano

This was old school RIR racing last night! Although it felt like a race between Denny & Martin but the Ganassi cars were doing pretty well! Newman ruffled a lot of feathers, especially Tony's. I do like the Chase grid this year, a lot of potential, from the rookies such as Chase & Chris, the young guns like Kyle & Austin to the veteran's like Denny, Tony & the Busch Brothers to the underdog team like Furntiure Row & Martin Truex Jr. I think we are going to gee a good chase this year!

Next up, Chicago for race 1

GettyImages-602256604.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Cole Custer will make the jump from Trucks to the Xfinity Series, driving for Stewart-Haas Racing. Custer will drive the 00 Haas Automation Ford full-time in 2017.

EDIT: In other news, in an interview with FoxSports.com, Brian France hinted at the potential title sponsors for the Cup Series next year. Kroger seemed to be the front runner, but the likes of Coca-Cola and PayPal have come up. France said the chances of two title sponsors being used is slim to none. 

If PayPal is the title sponsor, based on my experience with them, then rookies won't be able to do anything for the first few weeks because they're "too new" :lol:

Seriously though, Coca-Cola Cup Series doesn't sound bad, although it'd probably be shortened by some to the Coke Cup (oooohhh the amount of advertising you could do with that...)

Kroger Cup has a nice ring to it and, based on alliteration, sounds pretty good too. At the very least, it'd be nice to see new sponsors like PayPal join the mix. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Chicago:

1. Truex Jr.

2. Logano

3. Elliott

4. Blaney

5. Keselowski

6. Hamlin

7. Kahne

8. Kyle Busch

9. Kenseth

10. Bowman

I honestly thought this would go to Johnson or Elliott but Truex  just has that determination & car to keep going. This is why he is one of the favorites to win it. Chase was close again but cautions & restarts got to him. I still think he'll get a win soon enough.

Next up New Hampshire

SN: Not only was Cole Custer the big news to go to Xfinity, Daniel Hemric whose driving for a championship in Camping World has signed a deal to drive for Richard Childress Racing in Xfinity. Plus with Menard resigning with RCR. I think its pretty clear that Ty Dillon is coming up to Sprint Cup & Newman is probably on his way out.

baltimoreravens.png

13 minutes ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Results from Chicago:

1. Truex Jr.

2. Logano

3. Elliott

4. Blaney

5. Keselowski

6. Hamlin

7. Kahne

8. Kyle Busch

9. Kenseth

10. Bowman

I honestly thought this would go to Johnson or Elliott but Truex  just has that determination & car to keep going. This is why he is one of the favorites to win it. Chase was close again but cautions & restarts got to him. I still think he'll get a win soon enough.

Next up New Hampshire

SN: Not only was Cole Custer the big news to go to Xfinity, Daniel Hemric whose driving for a championship in Camping World has signed a deal to drive for Richard Childress Racing in Xfinity. Plus with Menard resigning with RCR. I think its pretty clear that Ty Dillon is coming up to Sprint Cup & Newman is probably on his way out.

Good for Bowman. He's been in underfunded teams in Cup. It shows he can compete if he gets in good stuff. He deserves a shot somewhere.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

*sigh* That's the third time this year when Chase had the lead late, but a freaking late caution ruined everything.  I wanted to throw my phone after McDowell blew his tire. 

It gives me hope that he'll get a win before the year is over. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from New Hampshire:

1. Harvick

2. Kenseth

3. Kyle Busch

4. Keselowski

5. Kurt Busch

6.  Edwards

7.  Truex Jr.

8. Johnson

9. Kahne

10. Larson

Harvick came back after a horrible race in Chicago to claim his spot in the Round of 12. Truex or Kenseth looked real good the whole race but so did Harvick. Its not looking good for Dillon, Buscher, Stewart or McMurray

Next up Dover, the end of the Round of 16

baltimoreravens.png

15 hours ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Harvick came back after a horrible race in Chicago to claim his spot in the Round of 12. Truex or Kenseth looked real good the whole race but so did Harvick. Its not looking good for Dillon, Buscher, Stewart or McMurray

Let's be honest for a second. Was there any doubt that it wouldn't be a good chase for the underfunded Front Row Motorsports Chris Buescher team?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Reed's a little surprising he's getting a shot first over Bubba. I think Bubba's going to be the better driver in the long-run.

Maybe this decision is for the best. Reed may be the driver ready to go faster then Bubba. But, I think Bubba's going to have the longer, more successful career though.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Results from Dover:

1. Truex Jr.

2. Kyle Busch

3. Elliott

4. Keselowski

5. Kenseth

6. Logano

7. Johnson

8. A.Dillon

9. Hamlin

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Truex Jr. just had a dominant performance so did Johnson until his crew jumped too early & cost him. It was a very rough day for both Ganassi cars with the issues that Kyle & Jamie Mac were having. With that in mind, Buscher, McMurray, Larson & Stewart have been eliminated from the Chase. Bummed to see Tony didn't make it but I had a feeling it wasn't his. Here's hoping he can at least get one more win.

Next up, we start all over with round 2 in Charlotte.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived