2016 NASCAR Season Thread

LAWeaver

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Clint Bowyer is suing HScott Motorsports for about $2.2 million, claiming they failed to pay two months of paychecks. 

Bowyer's season was a lame-duck season; can't blame him for being upset at not being paid.

His season was garbage because everyone and their grandmother knew he was heading to Stewart-Haas; and HScott probably didn't want to give him good equipment. Or in this case; pay him.

It also doesn't help Clint HScott's pretty much all but done as a Cup series team.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don't expect Buescher to be with JTG-Daughtery for more then this coming season. He'll be back with Roush (most likely) in 2018.

But, this gives AJ's team a chance to kick the tires on fielding a second team; see if they can actually do it. Buescher's number and sponsor(s) are yet to be determined.

There's a rumor going around that Kroger will possibly sponsor Buescher and not AJ; but we will see.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20161204/chrysler-eyes-return-to-nascar-racing

Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, said he spoke with NASCAR vice-chairman Jim France and International Speedway Inc. CEO Lesa France Kennedy about the return of Dodge to the stock-car series.

Asked about the return to NASCAR, Marchionne said, “Yes,” then explained it.

“I talked to Jim France about this (Saturday) night,” he said. “I was the one who made the decision to pull out of NASCAR. I am the guilty party at the table. In 2009, we came out bankruptcy and tried to race NASCAR (but) with the big bills and make payroll was a stretch.

“We are in a different place now. I think it is possible we can come back to NASCAR. I think we need to find the right way to come back in, but I agreed with both Jim and Lesa we would come back to the issue.”

I really hope this happens, I would love to see Dodge come back.

baltimoreravens.png

21 minutes ago, rvrdgsfn said:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20161204/chrysler-eyes-return-to-nascar-racing

Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, said he spoke with NASCAR vice-chairman Jim France and International Speedway Inc. CEO Lesa France Kennedy about the return of Dodge to the stock-car series.

Asked about the return to NASCAR, Marchionne said, “Yes,” then explained it.

“I talked to Jim France about this (Saturday) night,” he said. “I was the one who made the decision to pull out of NASCAR. I am the guilty party at the table. In 2009, we came out bankruptcy and tried to race NASCAR (but) with the big bills and make payroll was a stretch.

“We are in a different place now. I think it is possible we can come back to NASCAR. I think we need to find the right way to come back in, but I agreed with both Jim and Lesa we would come back to the issue.”

I really hope this happens, I would love to see Dodge come back.

FCA is still a financial mess.

They cannot sell Magneti Matelli to Samsung yet, or anyone else for that matter, and receive $3B from the sale. And their US sales numbers are under investigation.

22 hours ago, DNAsports said:

HScott Motorsports officially announces they will not compete in 2017.

That's not surprising; the team was pretty much dead in the water anyway.

Even if they did want to compete; they'd have no driver, with Clint headed to SHR and Annett went to Xfinity.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Even if they did want to compete; they'd have no driver, with Clint headed to SHR and Annett went to Xfinity.

I think they could have gotten Casey Mears if they tried.

Speaking of Mears, what's the news on him after being pushed out of the #13?

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I think they could have gotten Casey Mears if they tried.

Speaking of Mears, what's the news on him after being pushed out of the #13?

According to Jayski, Casey is still deciding on what to do for 2017. No word yet on his next move.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 12/4/2016 at 4:31 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

We need another manufacturer; try to balance out the sport and teeter the power balance away from Toyota.

Gibbs is a Toyota factory team.  TRD makes the engines, and well, TRD is Toyota Racing Development.   Want to move the needle, outlaw F1-like factory teams.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

21 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

More importantly, Annett took Pilot to JR Motorsports. 

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived