Uniform match ups that were superior

Silver_Star

Any team uniform match up that was not an eye sore to people.

I got one. My favorite was when the Rams played the Bills when the Bills had either White or Red helmets during the 1980's and 1990's. I think 2002's match up with the two stunk badly. But this one is far superior because both wearing Royal Blue, but one either wears Red or Yellow Gold! Gawd damn, the red socks and the blue socks with yellow trim is a sweet match up too.

buffalo-bills-v-los-angeles-rams.jpg?w=6

My all-time favorite was when the Rams during the late 1970's to 1980's used to face the Buccaneers when the Bucs don the Orange uniforms. Although the Rams like wearing White against the Buccaneers! Seeing Royal Blue and Yellow Gold vs Florida Orange and Red just looks too SWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!

james_wilder_1985_10_13.jpg

And one of the favorites was when the Pittsburgh Steelers wore their 1960's uniforms vs the Giants. I wish it was the Bills in their 2011 uniforms with the White helmets, but the Giants is a close contender to the Bills color palette, minus the grey pants. I love the Black and Yellow vs Red, White, and Blue theme. Fits even when the Steelers play the Giants or the Bills.

a34851680b644e982c96c3a0c0cdf0f2-getty-8

Then finally my pick is the Jets 1980's look vs the Houston Oliers. I love when they face each other. The Columbia Blue, Red, and White clashing with the Kelly Green and White is another one of my favorite match ups. Just sweet looking. VERY SWEET! MAN, I USED TO HAVE A MAN CRUSH ON SEEING THIS COLOR COMBO MATCH UP!

480971165-joe-klecko-of-the-new-york-jet

But when you look at the Los Angeles Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1970's look, New York Jets 1980's look, Buffalo Bills 1970's and 1980's look, and Pittsburgh Steelers 1960's look, it just makes the other teams colors look good sometimes. There are some eye sores that make those five I named stand out.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And one of the favorites was when the Pittsburgh Steelers wore their 1960's uniforms vs the Giants. I wish it was the Bills in their 2011 uniforms with the White helmets, but the Giants is a close contender to the Bills color palette, minus the grey pants. I love the Black and Yellow vs Red, White, and Blue theme. Fits even when the Steelers play the Giants or the Bills.

orr.jpg

me too

Growing up as a 90's kid, Bears/Vikings was always a treat to watch back in the day:

1380156-tackle-james-williams-of-the-chi

We'd lost that matchup's luster after the Vikings went panel crazy on us just a few years later, but thankfully it's a great looking matchup again today. Maybe not quite as great as it used to be, but great again nevertheless.

hi-res-a98d729d5012d185074e316876d603e6_

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

orr.jpg

me too

Excellent. I remember the Bruins and Rangers. Best color clash ever!!!

Scarlet and yellow gold vs royal blue and yellow gold anyone. Looks good on ice. But the Los Angeles Rams vs Kansas City Cheifs, it doesn't look quite good. You have to take the red pants away or the Cheifs have to force the Rams to wear White which makes it look good.

See how Calgary and St. Louis does it. The Blues wearing royal blue against the Flames which makes this match look excellent!

St-Louis-Blues-clinch-playoff-spot-with-

Growing up as a 90's kid, Bears/Vikings was always a treat to watch back in the day:

1380156-tackle-james-williams-of-the-chi

We'd lost that matchup's luster after the Vikings went panel crazy on us just a few years later, but thankfully it's a great looking matchup again today. Maybe not quite as great as it used to be, but great again nevertheless.

hi-res-a98d729d5012d185074e316876d603e6_

And don't forget the different shades of purple from 1978-1984 from what I saw in another member's post.

158345462-running-back-walter-payton-of-

Both are bad ass all the way. But man, nothing looks bad ass when the Vikings wear white that shows the purple and yellow theme against the dark uniforms of navy with orange of the Bears. Man, even the uniform design is simple that time so it showed more and popped out a lot. I used to remember Minnesota Vikings wearing white all the time against the Chicago Bears back then. I am not sure how long they used to do that, but I do recall something close to that.

Then when the Seattle Mariners had their 1993 beauties against the Oakland A's. Something about Teal and Navy going up with Forest Green and Yellow Gold being just eye candy! ^_^

469809916-pitcher-randy-johnson-of-the-s1531207861.jpg

I wish I had a photo of the game together, but I used their road uniforms. If anyone can find one, that would do justice. Just look at how Teal and Navy works well with Forest Green and Yellow Gold. Man, what a awesome beauty. This is before the piping on uniforms :censored: (Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, and other teams that did that crap, take notice).

Scarlet and yellow gold vs royal blue and yellow gold anyone. Looks good on ice. But the Los Angeles Rams vs Kansas City Cheifs, it doesn't look quite good. You have to take the red pants away or the Cheifs have to force the Rams to wear White which makes it look good.

See how Calgary and St. Louis does it. The Blues wearing royal blue against the Flames which makes this match look excellent!

I agree with the sentiment about the colours but nothing can make those Flames uniforms palatable, let alone excellent.

I agree with the sentiment about the colours but nothing can make those Flames uniforms palatable, let alone excellent.

See, that is the problem with the Calgary Flames. If they left the Black alone and just kept Red and Yellow Gold as the color, their uniforms would of worked. Instead of Black, if they added Orange as a third color, the uniform would of looked good, but then there would of been complaints or disfan service about there being Orange added to the Red and Yellow Gold. But if it wasn't for the Black, then they would of did better. If they just went with Red, Orange, and White, then it would of worked with Red being the Flame's primary color. But they added Black to the Red and Yellow Gold color scheme which made it look too Atlanta Hawks of the 1990's.

Beautiful.

winter_classic-4.jpg?w=620

This is what hockey should be...

I agree there. Plus the Royal Blue, Silver, and White vs Red and White in the snow. That is true Hockey if they play in the snow like this on ice. That is what Hockey should always be like.

People need to post some more NHL classics and MLB classics too. I know Classic Winnipeg Jets is not getting any love. The Royal Blue and Dark Kelly Green is a good color for the Jets in the NHL and I loved the scheme so much like the classic Seattle Seahawks before they did some good 2002-2011 color combo if it wasn't monochrome in the first place. But yeah. Then the Padre's Medium Brown and Yellow Gold vs the Houston Astro's Navy and Orange colors. That was spectacular!

457519442.jpg?w=780&quality=65&strip=all2011+NHL+Bridgestone+Winter+Classic+Wash

Loved both of these

Is that Winnipeg Jets vs Washington Capitals? I remember that match up. Man, the Red, White, and Blue vs Navy Blue and Columbia Blue is easy on the eyes big time. Plus the uniforms are very standard and not very radical which I like. But sorry, Winnipeg's Royal Blue and Dark Kelly Green did the trick for me. I don't know, but it fit them so much because it didn't have silver, it was just the Royal Blue and Dark Kelly Green stand out a lot more. I guess it's more Air Force like atmosphere back then. Also the new Navy Blue and Columbia Blue look looks good, but University of North Carolina Tar Heels look is them. I say that because it works for North Carolina's college, but when you see Tennessee doing this Navy Blue, Columbia Blue, with a pinch of Red it makes me wonder. So Tennessee Titans were better with just the Navy Blue being dominant. Same goes for the Winnipeg Jets. A scheme similar to the Oilers on the Tennessee Titans look good, but it just makes them look close to UNC because the Columbia Blue jerseys. When you see then Winnipeg Jets doing Navy Blue and Columbia Blue being a second thought, it works out. Sorry to hurt the Oilers fans, but the Oilers did it right when in Houston. Moving, they had to do something. But now other teams do the Navy Blue and Columbia Blue or Navy Blue and Pacific Blue scheme to death. -_-

Seem like the reason Pacific Blue works with the Chargers is when they face the Kansas City Cheifs when they wear Red and Yellow Gold mainly. The clash is good too. The problem is that the San Diego Charger's Navy Blue and Yellow Gold works well when the Denver Broncos used to use Orange and Royal Blue during the Elway 1980's and 1990's era. That's what I noticed. Then when Denver goes Navy Blue and Orange, the Chargers Navy Blue color just went flat against another Navy Blue team. That makes me want the Pacific Blue more than Navy Blue. The Navy Blue and Yellow Gold looked well against the Washington Redskins too because Washington's Wine Burgundy color looks rich where the Navy Blue looks dark. I guess I like both the Pacific Blue and Navy Blue on the Chargers, but when they had Navy Blue into the Pacific Blue color with the 2007 uniforms, it really killed the whole idea. :( White Helmets is a plus, but man. :(

72499413-sep-1992-denver-defensive-linem

See, the problem was that the Yellow Gold was not visible in light being too bright, but see how this worked well with the Broncos and Chargers back then. Seeing the Bronco's new look and Charger's 2007 Pacific Blue uniforms flesh well because now Denver uses Navy Blue.

People need to post some more NHL classics and MLB classics too. I know Classic Winnipeg Jets is not getting any love. The Royal Blue and Dark Kelly Green is a good color for the Jets in the NHL and I loved the scheme so much like the classic Seattle Seahawks before they did some good 2002-2011 color combo if it wasn't monochrome in the first place. But yeah. Then the Padre's Medium Brown and Yellow Gold vs the Houston Astro's Navy and Orange colors. That was spectacular!

2011+NHL+Bridgestone+Winter+Classic+Wash

Loved both of these

Is that Winnipeg Jets vs Washington Capitals? I remember that match up. Man, the Red, White, and Blue vs Navy Blue and Columbia Blue is easy on the eyes big time. Plus the uniforms are very standard and not very radical which I like. But sorry, Winnipeg's Royal Blue and Dark Kelly Green did the trick for me.

Well first off, that match up above is the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. the Washington Capitals in the Winter Classic a couple of years ago.

Second off all, to both the bolded comments above, the Winnipeg Jets (Current Coyotes) Used to wear royal blue and red. The Current Winnipeg Jets wear navy, silver, Columbia Blue, and a little bit of red/marroon. NOT KELLY GREEN!!!! That's the NEW YORK Jets. :lol:

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived