Uniform match ups that were superior

Silver_Star

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2skiMQa.jpg

I do not understand why people didn't like that Calgary added Black to their colors? It levels the red and yellow gold. The Kansas City Chiefs do not need black in their colors, but the Calgary Flames, it works for them. Tampa Bay Lightning's old uniforms were the best EVER!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I hadn't posted this one yet, as its one of my favorite matchups in all of football: Super Bowl II. Of course the matchup still looks amazing today, but I love the classic period-specific look of it in the 60's. Plus, being played in a neutral site allowed for the matchup to stand out in its own rather than against a team-specific backdrop.

image5_1a.jpg

sb2_adderley.jpg

Two of some of the best football uniforms ever, in my opinion. And simple black/silver nearly always provides for awesome contrast.

And for kicks and whynots, it's still one of the tops today.

hi-res-c2cf1980fce98bfd1b28a4f15fb6a42b_

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Oilers-Dolphins part deux:

e70300246c9081143c0feb8393be70ddd768f96d

The Oilers were one of those rare teams that never had a bad look. They've been pretty bland since they became the Titans, though. :(

Oilers-Dolphins:

89027120-warren-moon-of-the-houston-oile

I don't think the Colts had a bad look either

I would agree. Although their short-lived blue pants looked dumb IMO.

I would also categorize the Dolphins as such a team, although their current look is treading that line.

Is there a separate thread for the best and worst historical Super Bowl uniform matchups? I'll submit this one here as possibly the most "superior" Super Bowl uni matchup ever, but I'll submit it on the Super Bowl-related thread as well if there is one:

dwight_stephenson_1983_01_30.jpg

Here's another good Super Bowl uni matchup. It's also a good example of how the Broncos' 1980s-1996 helmets would appear as different shades of blue depending on the lighting. Here they look almost sky blue. I've really realized that the Redskins' burgundy pants were pretty underrated in their heyday.

superbowl-xxii.jpg

Archived