NFL Concepts (01/32) - Cardinals (12/02/15)

C-Squared

After viewing countless concept threads over the years, I decided to start my own! This is my first try designing uniforms, so any tips are appreciated... first up is Arizona:

Home:

cardinalshome_zpsl42xrcus.jpg

Away:

cardinalsaway_zps8whwbi43.jpg

I hate when people have to explain their work, but a few notes:

- All whites have a faint twinge of orange cream (including helmet)

- A member mentioned the concept of "wordmark:home::location:away"... loved it, implemented it!

- Still working on an alternate!

No end date in mind, but I'll try to post a team as often as I can :flagusa:

I may be in the minority here, but in an effort to prevent them from being "another red and blue team", I wouldn't be opposed to carrying a small bit of yellow trim throughout the set, and maybe even a drop of copper here or there.. It would subtly add some balance based on the sleeve design and like I said, expand their color palette to the point that no color is showcased other than red, whereas, here it seems like blue is used heavily enough to be considered a secondary...

Either way, beautiful set.. I'm definitely on board with these!

I don't mind the cream, it looks good with the red, and lends itself to "classic", which for one of the three oldest franchises in the league, isn't a bad thing.

The one thing I don't like is the borders on the wordmark. I just feel that the borders are just... too big.

I think the colour scheme is the big issue here. Red, orange, yellow, blue, black, white, cream, its just overwhelming. Pick one of the white/cream and stick with it. If you choose cream, I'd darken it a little, almost like the Coyote's sand. Pick one of blue/black and roll with it. If you pick blue, darken it a little to contrast all the other bright primary colours. I think even yellow and orange are unnecessary, as the shoulder patch could be done in either two colours or sublimation, but if you want to stand out, keep the orange and yellow.

qtOnrJr.png

Looks good to me. Not sure how I feel about so much blue in the uniform though. I think it complicates their color scheme, especially with black still in the wordmark and logo. Also, with almost all football concepts on this site, the back numbers are always way too small. What design software did you use? Your execution is great for a first go at it.

Personally, I think you've got a great start here. I love the cream and think it matches the feel of the team and area, and also distinguishes the Cardinals from other red NFL teams. I think the blue is where you went down the wrong path. I would simplify the colors to red/cream/black/gold/orange. I know that sounds like a lot, but the orange would be just for the star, and the black and gold should be used sparingly. A primarily red/cream team with black accents and gold and orange pieces. Basically, make the white numbers cream, and replace the blue with black. I also think the pant stripes could be improved upon, but I don't hate them. They are just over-done in football.

im a fan of the vintage white. but your numbers on the red jersey are pure white. you may as well change the eye in the logo to vintage white as well

the wordmarks are a bit large i think. it would definitely be best to drop the strokes around them to make them more legible.

probably best to ditch the strokes around the numbers as well. there isnt anything else in the jersey/pants that is treated that way.

if you're sticking to NFL rules, the bottom of the sock is always white

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I love the cream, and would totally buy that away. The sleeves really complement the cream, and it is gnarly. Home is cool too, and the sleeves complement it, but this is a rare case where I prefer the away over the home. Things to fix, however, are that the Cardinal brand isn't really shown here. It more reflects Arizona, almost like it is made for the state. Reflect the Cardinals more and you hit gold. Maybe make a sublimated flag on the shoulders to still keep the unis fresh.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Personally I'm not a fan of the cream. The sharp white is so beautiful against Cardinals red; it's very clean and the cream takes away from that. I'd love to see what you could do with just a red/white palette. As far at the AZ flag sleeves: perhaps just a breast patch featuring that?

Archived