Minnesota Vikings Logo (Updated 12/9)

mcrosby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the direction here. I agree that the eyebrow could use some thickening; it gets a bit lost. The fact that your lines don't cross over in the braid loses the fact that it's supposed to be a braid. I also wouldn't mind seeing some sort of definition in the eye area.

Overall, though, very nice stuff.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i think you absolutely nailed it Mark. the rendering in the hair doesn't quite sell it as a braided lock, but thats a very minor detail i can overlook. Andrew Harrington, who is a master of details with a very sharp eye for this sort of thing, even did something similar with his update concept of the logo. i think i like yours even more because you were able to do a lot of the same things without using black. its not very often that i see an unofficial concept that i think is legitimately "field ready" but i think this one is. mock this up on some apparel and a field, this is definitely a portfolio highlight for you

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wow, I'm speechless.

That looks better than what they use. It's crisp, clean and sharp. The only issue is what others have mentioned with the eyebrow, but that's such a minor detail.

I agree with BrandMoore about wanting this on merch, and I'm not even a Vikings fan.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

BTW, Packers fans, Dez caught the ball. Anyway, nice update. This is more modern and, in my opinion, is very needed. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

why? I thought the logo was fine the way that it was..

As someone who doesn't give two :censored:s about american football, I have to disagree(no real horse in the race I mean). From a graphic design perspective, it looks very clunky and is rare to have black outlines as the current does. Other than that, it IS a very nice logo, but its an oversight that I'm actually very surprised hasn't been noticed yet. There may be some tweaks needed to perfect it, but overall it looks much more modern, at least to me.

Go Eskimos

why? I thought the logo was fine the way that it was..

Because it's a concept. That's what this section of the board is for.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived