North American Pro Soccer 2016

Gothamite

Maybe it is time for goal line technology after all: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/blind-mls-refs-botch-obvious-goal-call-1782252225

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

That MLS doesn’t have GLT is… absurd. It shouldn’t be a price thing for us, should it?

The costs were reported as the only reason it's not used. I believe one quote eas $30,000 per game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Does anybody know if the temporary grass fields/pitches the stadiums in Seattle, Orlando and Foxboro used for Copa America have already been taken out? If not, will the MLS teams that use those stadiums get to play on grass for a while?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Watching the Sounders on ESPN right now can confirm that, yeah, the grass is already gone. Sad.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Watching the Sounders on ESPN right now can confirm that, yeah, the grass is already gone. Sad.

Damn. That's sucks. The Seahawks preseason games won't be until August. They coulda left the grass down until it was absolutely necessary to remove it.

Gonna assume that means the grass has already been removed from Gillette and the Citrus Bowl too.

21 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Damn. That's sucks. The Seahawks preseason games won't be until August. They coulda left the grass down until it was absolutely necessary to remove it.

Gonna assume that means the grass has already been removed from Gillette and the Citrus Bowl too.

The event promoters of Copa America Centenario brought in grass, not the stadium authority, not the MLS team, not the lessor.

It's not for them to actually keep the grass and assume the cost of feeding/growing it.

What's the latest on a proper stadium for NYCFC? The novelty of a tiny field and bad TV camera angles is long gone.

Maybe MLS games should be 10 on 10 at Yankee Stadium.  It would open up the field more, at least.

At least NYCFC got their first win against the Red Bulls. The Red Bulls constantly pounding them into the dirt was starting to take away a lot of the buzz away from this match-up. 

I am happy about the fact that I haven't heard anything about RBNY & NYCFC fans fighting each other like in previous games. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Fantastic match.  About freaking time.  

As for the new stadium, lots of rumors but no hard news.  Rumor is that they bought land in Long Island City via a third party, which would be amazing if true.  That would be possibly about the best possible stadium location in the entire metropolitan area, and behind only Barclays Center and MSG. 

But it until then, don't let the bad camera angles fool you - it's a surprisingly good place to watch the match from at least three sides.  Only wish it was a little less narrow, would help our play. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

As for the new stadium, lots of rumors but no hard news.  Rumor is that they bought land in Long Island City via a third party, which would be amazing if true.  That would be possibly about the best possible stadium location in the entire metropolitan area, and behind only Barclays Center and MSG.

I had to Google Long Island City, never heard of it before. Needless to say I saw the name and assumed it was in Long Island/Nassau County, NY. Glad to see the proposed stadium location is in NYC proper.

Meanwhile I'm not totally sure what's going on with DC United's new stadium over here in Washington. Hasn't been mentioned in the local media in a while.

Did some quick research on the new DC United stadium. Here's a link to an update with a 3D model showing what the new stadium may ultimately look like. Now that I think about I do recall hearing that people were pissed that the latest rendering did not have a full canopy of the seats. I clearly remember the original rendering featuring canopy covering all the seats.

http://www.blackandredunited.com/stadium-news/2016/6/13/11926574/dc-united-stadium-buzzard-point-3d-model

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Did some quick research on the new DC United stadium. Here's a link to an update with a 3D model showing what the new stadium may ultimately look like. Now that I think about I do recall hearing that people were pissed that the latest rendering did not have a full canopy of the seats. I clearly remember the original rendering featuring canopy covering all the seats.

http://www.blackandredunited.com/stadium-news/2016/6/13/11926574/dc-united-stadium-buzzard-point-3d-model

Based on the game I went to last year, I was under the impression that the Buzzard Point stadium was just a public vote away from getting started. I could be wrong, but this definitely seems like the farthest a stadium talk has ever gotten out there.

8 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I had to Google Long Island City, never heard of it before. Needless to say I saw the name and assumed it was in Long Island/Nassau County, NY. Glad to see the proposed stadium location is in NYC proper.

Meanwhile I'm not totally sure what's going on with DC United's new stadium over here in Washington. Hasn't been mentioned in the local media in a while.

I mean, Long Island City is on Long Island…

Also, I think the Buzzard Point site should be transferred to DCU on September 30th if all goes well.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived