Spokane Empire (formerly Shock) of the IFL

Sec19Row53

The team’s logos, created by Graphic Designer Brian Gundell

Created by a CCSLC member!

b6bd22c877ad58a6b21c189fe4da5a57.300.jpg

Maybe a little too detailed, but I'm a fan.

It doesn't mention it in the article (presumably for copyright reasons?), but the Amtrak route serving the PNW, connecting Seattle to Chicago and Portland to Chicago (the two trains meet and connect in Spokane) is called the Empire Builder. I've taken the Portland-Spokane route - beautiful trip along the Columbia.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Wonderful work by Brian Gundell... though I must admit that I was hoping for a primary mark that depicted Terrence Howard completing a pass to Taraji P. Henson. Who knows, that might have landed the team a broadcast deal with the local FOX affiliate, KAYU-TV. After all, modern pro sports is all about maximizing corporate synergy.

Wonderful work by Brian Gundell... though I must admit that I was hoping for a primary mark that depicted Terrence Howard completing a pass to Taraji P. Henson. Who knows, that might have landed the team a broadcast deal with the local FOX affiliate, KAYU-TV. After all, modern pro sports is all about maximizing corporate synergy.

The mascot(s) can still be lions named Lucious and Cookie.

A locomotive...it does what it wants and says what it wants with no apologies...got me watchin you like a camera do...I gave you all of me....but it still wasn't enough to make you happy...okay I'm done :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised this got picked up by you guys — thanks for the kind words! I'm really proud to have worked on this project, it's a fantastic organization and a great group of people I was fortunate enough to work with. The standalone spike was something the team asked me to include as part of the package, and realistically it will probably live as just a design element somewhere along the way. The team is really focusing on the Primary and Secondary logos as the main brand pieces. Stay tuned for more to come from the Empire!

OD_Signature.jpg

This franchise is trolling the city of Schenectady NY. The city is known as the "Electric City," at one time had the motto, "The City That Lights and Hauls The World," because of General Electric and American Locomotive.

First, the team is called the Shock, now has an ALCO steam engine as the logo. Mon Dieu! /sarcasm

Love the choo-choo

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• 2 months later...

Archived