Florida Panthers concept

habsfan1

Is there a reason why you made the lower stripe light blue on the home jerseys instead of red?

To give them a look similar to the Orlando Solar Bears retro jerseys.

orlando.jpg

The concept is a mock-up based on Panthers rumors only. Still, I played with some of the colors to make it work, in a way.

I like the double blue contrast with the trims of red. I went with different color sets because why not. :)

I don't dislike the direction. I just feel as though there are many elements that are out of place or that clash.

1. The chest stripes on the home don't jive well with the red outlines on the numbers and lack uniformity with the away

2. The roundel is a decent looking logo; pairing with the gaudy "FLA" logo is comparable to what the Leafs did in the 2000s with the "TML" logo, which we all know didn't work out too well.

3. You took out the most important element that ties Florida's identity together: the yellow. Red and blue is such an overused color scheme in sports. However, add yellow to the mix, and you've got a classic look that is bold and unique.

-and-

4. I get a Canadiens vibe from the away, which, in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but it's not befitting of a 1993 expansion team.

I don't dislike the direction.

This is still the 2nd positive comment my non-conventional Panthers concept received. It's only a rough. But I guess I managed to make something work, despite going completely outside the box. So it can work, even if the Panthers stray away from their roots. But it's still a big question mark as to what they'll decide to approve and go with.

I don't dislike the direction.

This is still the 2nd positive comment my non-conventional Panthers concept received. It's only a rough. But I guess I managed to make something work, despite going completely outside the box.

Hey, I like it too actually. Could possibly use some refining, but overall I'm a fan. I like the dual stripe idea, its unique, and I think I agree with the previous poster about trying the red stripe on the top one. But ya, overall, pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing one with just the face as well(minus the roundel) for the main. In hockey I find it rare that the roundel is used as a main(it's generally a third).

anyways, good job

Lose the FLA logo on the shoulders and use the regular sun-palm-stick shoulder logo. Add a thin gold (either yellow or Vegas) stripe between the larger torso stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I let out an audible "Ooooh!" when I looked at the red option with the panther head logo. Very nice!

I'm not, nor have I ever been, a fan of the "FLA" shoulder patch, but I could live with it if the Panthers rolled out a jersey like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Panthers5_zpslpbd7ceh.png

This one is my favourite hands down. Incorporates some of the good ideas of the proposed redesign without abandoning the good ones of the past.

This one is pretty good...though I don't think the Panthers would use the Florida Gators' wordmark :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Panthers5_zpswkc8wjnf.png

I like this.

I would probably like to see th egold closer to their current yellow, and maybe the circle logo from your original concept.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived