Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

zigzag

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've often wondered - what about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy?

I know him and he does!

Do you actually know Geddy Lee personally? If you do, that's amazing.

Well done.

That's how I like my hamburger meat cooked. XD

Uni-Watch posted their ESPN Maple Leafs contest winners

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14434442/nhl-uni-watch-contest-results-how-make-toronto-maple-leafs

NONE OF THESE ARE MY CONCEPTS, I AM SIMPLY REPOSTING FROM UNI-WATCH. If you're one of these people, I think it'd be cool if you said so. Congrats if this is anyone from our board

The winner was Ross Taylor

23302382954_8c4df39a04_o.png

I'd rather see a 1950s jersey for the alt, but I think 95% of fans would be ok with this design. Less is more. Very traditional, yet modern.

Best Modern Design was our own Sparky Chewbarky

23925708985_8b28b24621_o.jpg

23557862979_ae91f6d41b_h.jpg

But my personal favorite logo, and what I think the Leafs will go with (maybe a little simpler, and obviously no St. Pats permanence)

Ben Peters' concept:

23285794344_22919ce7fa_h.jpg

Lots more concepts in the original article

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I think the Leafs have a bounty of great opportunity to go with. The biggest obstacle is coming out of the rebrand not looking too similar to the Lightning or the Jets, so inevitably they'll come out looking like the Lightning and the Jets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Uni-Watch posted their ESPN Maple Leafs contest winners

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14434442/nhl-uni-watch-contest-results-how-make-toronto-maple-leafs

NONE OF THESE ARE MY CONCEPTS, I AM SIMPLY REPOSTING FROM UNI-WATCH. If you're one of these people, I think it'd be cool if you said so. Congrats if this is anyone from our board

Thanks hockey week...yeah, that was me with the "modern" design.

I had a similar one done up for a past thread on the Team Canada Sochi unis, so I tweaked it into a Leafs concept.

I think the design would look great in flight, used as a "Centennial Year" alternative.

In fact, I'd like to see the all of the "6" keep their tradition but experiment more with 3rd's and alts.

...But I like the Leafs current brand.

The two-striped sweater is classic, and, for whatever reason, looks great with the mis-matching socks.

I wouldn't be dickin' around with the look too much.

If anything, I'd go with the admirals' suggestion of arcing the word "TORONTO".

It's a great, subtle way of representing different eras.

Try a different font, and maybe make the leaf shape a little less blocky...

sprkychewbarky4.jpg

I wouldn't remove the wording because...it's always been there, and the leaf looks a little empty without it.

Would be interesting (read: disappointing) for the Leafs to either have to change striping or add a color to the palette just to distance themselves from the Lightning. Shouldn't it be the other way around, and wouldn't the Lightning be a more natural fit for grey and black added to the blue/white?

I may get booed out of this thread but here goes...I am a big music geek and I do not know one song in the Rush catalog. Sorry Canada.

I'm not even a big Rush fan, his voice can be seriously grating, but this is a GREAT song...

Really? The one song you post has to be from the pre-Neil Peart album? :)

What if the Leafs' new home jersey was a blue and white Turd Burger? (Dodges moldy tomatoes.) I hope the new logo and jerseys turn out really nice. It is Toronto, so it should be good, but I can't say I'm not a little iffy about this. A new logo, that could be bad, especially in 2016, where there seems to be a real push for the ultra-modern, make a quick buck looks.

23302382954_8c4df39a04_o.png

I wasn't sure about a wordless logo, yet this nearly proves me wrong. It would feel like watching a minor league team for a couple months just to get my brain adjusted.

The only change I would make to the home/away is to have the Nike number font from 99

The shape of that leaf is beautiful, but it can not not not work without "Toronto Maple Leafs" on the inside.

Also, probz not the best era to throw back to.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This was posted on another thread:

il_570xN.895873864_bxbv.jpg

It's the logo for the Toronto Maple Leafs semi-pro baseball team, plays in the Intercounty Baseball League. The name references the old baseball team from which the hockey club got its name.

It's just about my favorite T-leaf logo ever. Love the shape of the leaf. I don't know if it would work sized-up on the front of a jersey, but I'd like to see it.

This was posted on another thread:

il_570xN.895873864_bxbv.jpg

It's the logo for the Toronto Maple Leafs semi-pro baseball team, plays in the Intercounty Baseball League. The name references the old baseball team from which the hockey club got its name.

It's just about my favorite T-leaf logo ever. Love the shape of the leaf. I don't know if it would work sized-up on the front of a jersey, but I'd like to see it.

I love the shape too. It's almost the perfect medium between the current stylized leaf on the flag and the classically styled leaves of the older uniforms.

I would replace the "T" with some variation of the "TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS" text though. I wouldn't mind the "T" version as an alternate.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, DAKINS24 said:

It looks like it's a combo of the early and late 60's logos. 

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/01/29/new-details-leafs-new-look-a-classic-combo/

It seems my concept isn't so far off!

Embedded image permalink

Nice concept - that alt/shoulder logo is beautiful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived