Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

zigzag

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are they doing with the solid squarish maple leaf logo that's on their website and has been floating around the thread?  I liked that one too, not as a primary, but I'd hate for them to just abandon it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

The print versions are looking awesome. Great job by the Leafs. I hope they don't mess with the jerseys too much...

Blue sweaters, two white stripes on each arm and the waist, white tie-down collar.

White sweaters, blue yoke, two blue stripes on each arm and the waist, blue tie-down collar.

possibly use a white block T on the shoulders if an alternate is absolutely necessary.

That's all that needs to happen. 

Between the Ballard leaf merchandise that'll be on clearance, the new swag with the 2016 logo on it, and all the throwbacks they'll be wearing next year, I have one shopping spree ahead of me. :D

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

4 minutes ago, CS85 said:

What are they doing with the solid squarish maple leaf logo that's on their website and has been floating around the thread?  I liked that one too, not as a primary, but I'd hate for them to just abandon it.

It was just the 1970-2016 Ballard Leaf without the text. I wouldn't mind it sticking around for use on an alternate sweater (the 1970-1992 look is sharp, even if it is associated with the worst years of Leafs hockey), but I think the point of this exercise is to get as far away from Harold Ballard and everything associated with him. 

Which isn't the worst idea as far as the Maple Leafs go.

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 minute ago, BigBubba said:

Between the Ballard leaf merchandise that'll be on clearance, the new swag with the 2016 logo on it, and all the throwbacks they'll be wearing next year, I have one shopping spree ahead of me. :D

I open up my wallet, and it's full of my tears from spending my future income on clearance merch.

Jerseys soon!

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

1 minute ago, MEANS said:

glad to hear all the positive feedback! so humbled and honored

Wait... YOU did this?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

4 minutes ago, sportstar1212 said:

Beautiful. I love it. Those points towards the top jet out a bit too much, but other than that, it's fantastic.

Edit: Yes! I got my wish for the Marlies!

That Marlies variant is stunning. It's probably even better than the Leafs variation from an objective standpoint. 

Great rebrand all around MLSE. 

Such a shocker that they knock this out of the park but just give us a Brooklyn Nets ripoff for the Raptors.

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Blue sweaters, two white stripes on each arm and the waist, white tie-down collar.

White sweaters, blue yoke, two blue stripes on each arm and the waist, blue tie-down collar.

possibly use a white block T on the shoulders if an alternate is absolutely necessary.

That's all that needs to happen. 

I feel like they might want to go with northwestern stripes on the jersey but I sure hope it ends up exactly like you described. I just tought about it but what about the wordless current leaf as a shoulder patch? This would be the exact opposite of what they have right now and might look good. I'd love to see a mockup of it.

According to TSN: 13 veins in top half for 13 Cups, 17 veins total for 1917, year the franchise was founded.

31 points on Leaf for 1931, the year Maple Leaf Gardens was built.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 minutes ago, MEANS said:

glad to hear all the positive feedback! so humbled and honored

You and your co-worker did an amazing job on this. Taking the time to acknowledge the history of Leafs and making sure it was done right... no pressure of course right ? lol Did you also take part in the uniforms as well ( or is that too much to spoil ) ?

4kv29i.jpg

Archived