English Soccer League (Complete!)

gswansea

I'm loving absolutely everything about this, bold and clean is such a good thing to be

Makes sense you'd like this. gswansea's style immediately reminded me of yours.

One question: Is it Westminster or Winchester? You say Westminster, but the team page says Winchester.

Thanks for catching that. The orange and black team is called Westminster. Winchester is another team. I'll update the team page.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoying this series so far. Great-looking updates to each crest. A couple notes, though:

• I think the "English Championship Cup" text/listings could use a different color based on the background color. It's a little taxing on the eyes.
  • Westminster needs some text on that banner, even if the original doesn't.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Really enjoying this series so far. Great-looking updates to each crest. A couple notes, though:

• I think the "English Championship Cup" text/listings could use a different color based on the background color. It's a little taxing on the eyes.

Sorry, could you elaborate more on the first bullet point? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Sorry, could you elaborate more on the first bullet point? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

My apologies.

For example:

23816097885_61a944abfd_o.png

Maybe this isn't the best example (because white would be obscured here, too), but 1967 goes through three different colors. In retrospect, a color change may not work for each instance, but I still think the text needs to be set apart somehow. Less opacity on the crests, maybe, then white. Does that help?

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

My apologies.

For example:

23816097885_61a944abfd_o.png

Maybe this isn't the best example (because white would be obscured here, too), but 1967 goes through three different colors. In retrospect, a color change may not work for each instance, but I still think the text needs to be set apart somehow. Less opacity on the crests, maybe, then white. Does that help?

Yes, thanks a lot! I'll see what I can do to improve that. meanwhile, here's a jersey swap I just made for Preston South:

707415_orig.png

Up next is Camden County, a logo I'm very excited about. Camden County was in the English Second Division until 1999, when the team gradually began their ascent to the top flight. Their logo has remained mostly the same, but this year I wanted to include a modified version of their first CC monogram logo:

8850570_orig.png

I enjoy these logo progressions you're providing. Nice to see the thought process, not to mention improvements.

Camden is pretty solid. I like the crest, but shield and banner are smooth, while the lions and vines/branches/(...?) at top are more jagged. I'd pick one or the other.

And the Cup text is much more legible, at least to my eyes.

Nottingham is also looking great so far.

Camden is pretty solid. I like the crest, but shield and banner are smooth, while the lions and vines/branches/(...?) at top are more jagged. I'd pick one or the other.

And the Cup text is much more legible, at least to my eyes.

Nottingham is also looking great so far.

So if I were just to pick the lions and the branches, what should I do in the space where the crest and banner were?

Geez. I am really failing at explaining things lately. My apologies....again.

I like the crest as a whole. What I was saying was pick either smooth or jagged. Not one element or the other. It appears the update has done that.

All of these logos look superb! Camden County and Nottingham are out of this world. My one question is that on the first Nottingham logo it has "1896" on it and the current one has "1884". Just wondering why you did that. Can't wait to see what else you produce!

I can't believe I forgot to mention that! The first logo I did for them was to celebrate their first ECD Cup, in 1896. I thought the year the club was formed, 1884, would be more appropriate, so I put it on the new logo.

What really stands out to me in this series is the fictional logo progression you have made for your teams; it adds a spice of realism to this series.

Keep it up, my friend! :)

Actually, the logo progressions are mostly real, they just take place in a shorter time period than I make them out to take!

Next up are the defending league champs, Fern Thistle:

9120902_orig.png

And for a sneak peek of their home jersey:

2247527.png?364

Archived