English Soccer League (Complete!)

gswansea

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jaffa said:

Forgive me if I'm coming across as a bit nitpickerty gswansea, but... Hull's a city, not a town.

They have regulations for being either a city or a town? Hmm.  First off, I didn't want to copy Hull City, and second, I'm trying to make it look like a smaller club.  I think I'll keep it that way mostly because I like the name.  Thanks for informing me.

2 minutes ago, gswansea said:

They have regulations for being either a city or a town? Hmm.  First off, I didn't want to copy Hull City, and second, I'm trying to make it look like a smaller club.  I think I'll keep it that way mostly because I like the name.  Thanks for informing me.

Yep, city status here is bestowed by the Crown and is quite a prestigious thing - you can't call yourself a city without it. Swansea City started out as Swansea Town but changed their name after the town was awarded City status.

There was a Hull Town back in the 1880s, but they folded a decade or so before we were granted city status. Hull City were formed a few years after that honour was awarded.

On 2/22/2016 at 6:52 PM, XenonDesigns said:

Is there any significance of why you changed the logo to a lion? All the previous ones were that face/man.

I wanted the logo to represent England in general.

Here's Churchill's team page:56cf91332055f_churchillff.thumb.png.dbe1

Next up is Derby.  They are the first soccer team concept I created.  Just for reference, their kit has always been purple and black striped:

derby.thumb.png.5fed24467a291fb44e7a4ece

Both Sheffield logos look tilted. In the new one, the flower in the center looks like it needs to be rotated back to the left a degree or two.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

The Peugeot logo is extremely hard to read, for Spire City there should only be one animal, preferably the bird, add the bridge in the first logo to the empty space, kinda like the golden state warriors, and get rid of the sun looking thing behind the bird, maybe add the club name in somewhere 

27 minutes ago, Jvhn177 said:

The Peugeot logo is extremely hard to read, for Spire City there should only be one animal, preferably the bird, add the bridge in the first logo to the empty space, kinda like the golden state warriors, and get rid of the sun looking thing behind the bird, maybe add the club name in somewhere 

For the Peugeot logo, I think it is just hard to read due to the size of the picture.  For Spire City, the one animal would be the lion (look at the logo history).  However, it sounds like I need to totally redo this logo.  Let's see if other people feel the same way.

Archived