Colorado Avalanche alternate logo

twister55

Hey, guys! This will be my first post on here because I never had the tools to properly make a concept for anything. And now that I do, I'll be posting occasionally. My first concept will be an alternate logo for the Colorado Avalanche. The inspiration comes from the current alternate logo they use, and an avalanche coming down from the Rocky Mountains. C&C welcome!

New%20Colorado_zpsvmxkk2ot.png

This is StPatty33's concept from a decade ago that you added some mountains to. It's not cool to try and claim other's work as your own, especially around here, because you WILL be busted and called out.

AvTweak.png

Edit: I think I found your mountains too, so there's nothing original about this concept.

MatthewDuke-avalancheHandA.png?token=FYF

1: Every part of this is stolen, as proven above.

2: Even if it were original, it still seems overly busy. While I like the overall theme and "bits and pieces" of it all, it just seems like it wouldn't work well as a shoulder patch, or even a primary crest.

Well I personally think that logo is FANTASTIC, and I don't know where you guys seem to think the guy "stole" parts from, because I just don't see it.

Anyway, this inspired me so much to make a logo of my own, so I hope you enjoy it.... MY idea for a NEW Avalanche logo!

1oivfh6muycjtg05q3e4e67j4.png

Yeah, if you're going to lift a concept (or concepts), fine, but:

1. make sure it's cited, and
  2. make sure it improves on the original. The merging of the two concepts is far to busy to be seen as an improvement.

Forgetting the origins of the design, I think the overall colour balance is off. The light grey white and burgundy look naked on the top. And the lack of ice-blue/cerulean blue throughout (exc. the middle) is evident. I would keep the grey for the avalanche details, but replace the grey outline with blue.

Not that you'll likely fix the concept, now that the sportslogos cops have shamed you.

Well I personally think that logo is FANTASTIC, and I don't know where you guys seem to think the guy "stole" parts from, because I just don't see it.

Anyway, this inspired me so much to make a logo of my own, so I hope you enjoy it.... MY idea for a NEW Avalanche logo!

100% original concept right here. 10/10. Logo of the year, right here. Pure beauty.

100% original concept right here. 10/10. Logo of the year, right here. Pure beauty.

Everyone wants to keep making drastic changes to the Avs. I hate it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is StPatty33's concept from a decade ago that you added some mountains to. It's not cool to try and claim other's work as your own, especially around here, because you WILL be busted and called out.

AvTweak.png

Edit: I think I found your mountains too, so there's nothing original about this concept.

And here is where matt got the mountains:

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gif

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Hey, guys! This will be my first post on here because I never had the tools to properly make a concept for anything. And now that I do, I'll be posting occasionally. My first concept will be an alternate logo for the Colorado Avalanche. The inspiration comes from the current alternate logo they use, and an avalanche coming down from the Rocky Mountains. C&C welcome!

"Inspiration"

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

baltimore_ravens_banner_MED.gif

AvTweak.png

And here is where matt got the mountains:

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gif

Well, to be fair, THIS is where the Jazz got the mountains....

9d36d0c639ca652dea7943b3561871bd.jpg

I sometimes use and rearrange images that are not my own both for concepts and for personal use. But I never claim them to be mine and I always cite if I choose to post them here.

Nice try, though. And even though it's okay to borrow (not steal), you should use your own creativity sometimes too.

Archived