Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, canzman said:

There is talk among those in the league office of letting the Falcons and Cardinals wear Color Rush on a non TNF game in addition to their scheduled TNF game since they will forced into all white due to how the schedule played out. Also Detroit and Washington are not playing in any TNF games but still will get to wear color rush at some point this season so odds are the Falcons and Cardinals will be granted permission to wear their "true" color rush at some point this season.

Well the Lions do play every Thanksgiving.   Perhaps they wear them on Thanksgiving...

1 minute ago, Gary. said:

Well the Lions do play every Thanksgiving.   Perhaps they wear them on Thanksgiving...

Perhaps and more than likely, but the Thanksgiving game isn't part of the TNF TV Package so it would still require permission from the league. As I stated all 32 teams are participating in Color Rush this year so the league will have to approve something for Washington and Detroit. This is what also makes me think they will grant permission to Arizona and Atlanta for a 2nd game so they can actually wear their color and not all white.

21 minutes ago, canzman said:

Perhaps and more than likely, but the Thanksgiving game isn't part of the TNF TV Package so it would still require permission from the league. As I stated all 32 teams are participating in Color Rush this year so the league will have to approve something for Washington and Detroit. This is what also makes me think they will grant permission to Arizona and Atlanta for a 2nd game so they can actually wear their color and not all white.

Seems like the Steelers are wearing theirs on Christmas (a Sunday) so it isn't farfetched to think even non TNF games will get the color rush treatment.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/check-out-the-pittsburgh-steelers-2016-color-rush-jerseys/

EDIT: Now realizing this game is part of the official TNF package - Take back that comment.

16 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

We'll see if all this is true or not, but if it is there's a surprising amount of good jerseys that are coming out of this

Just remember that a lot of those good looking jerseys will likely get ruined by the same color pants, socks and shoes. Luckily (at least in my mind) three of the nicer looking jerseys are those of the Raiders, Saints and Giants and those shouldn't be ruined as an all white look is much less offensive than an all (insert color here) look, as evidenced by the Cowboys' color rush uniforms last season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, canzman said:

Neither was this:

cam-newton-nfl-carolina-panthers-dallas-

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Icedog2735 said:

Seems like the Steelers are wearing theirs on Christmas (a Sunday) so it isn't farfetched to think even non TNF games will get the color rush treatment.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/check-out-the-pittsburgh-steelers-2016-color-rush-jerseys/

Even though that game is on a Sunday afternoon it is considered part of the TNF broadcast package.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/TNF

4 minutes ago, Sportscenter said:

Denver missed a big opportunity to update the D logo

DenverDupdate.png

like this great update concept done by Ren69

Guidelines state logos have to be Historic or current they didn't have the option to introduce something new in the way of logos.

36 minutes ago, canzman said:

Guidelines state logos have to be Historic or current they didn't have the option to introduce something new in the way of logos.

Understandable, don't need a bunch of new team identities for these Thursday games. What are the guidelines on using a secondary logo. Say if Denver would've introduced that as a secondary logo this summer would they been able to use it?

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Just remember that a lot of those good looking jerseys will likely get ruined by the same color pants, socks and shoes. Luckily (at least in my mind) three of the nicer looking jerseys are those of the Raiders, Saints and Giants and those shouldn't be ruined as an all white look is much less offensive than an all (insert color here) look, as evidenced by the Cowboys' color rush uniforms last season.

Well yes, that's why I was very careful to say "jerseys" rather than "uniforms" because the pants will kill a lot of the looks. But from the waist up there's a lot of potential for some good full time alts in the future

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Just noticed that the Rams have two color rush games this season and both of them set up pretty interesting matchups. Their first TNF game is at home against the Giants which sets up a yellow vs. white matchup. And then their second TNF game is on the road in Seattle. In theory this sets up a yellow vs. lime green color matchup but the NFL would almost undoubtedly have the Rams wear all white which still makes for an interesting white vs. lime green uniform matchup. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Beautiful hat.

(Sorry doubters, these are too good to be photoshopped. He clearly got these on the backend of a website...leading candidate: Lids.com)CsMoAXIVUAENcqs.jpg:large

The oranges don't match. C'mon New Era, don't be Nike.

Also, Nike has has been selling a lot of sideline merchandise with the D on it. Usually they don't produce throwback merchandise but leave it to Mitchell & Ness or '47 brand.

26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Just noticed that the Rams have two color rush games this season and both of them set up pretty interesting matchups. Their first TNF game is at home against the Giants which sets up a yellow vs. white matchup. And then their second TNF game is on the road in Seattle. In theory this sets up a yellow vs. lime green color matchup but the NFL would almost undoubtedly have the Rams wear all white which still makes for an interesting white vs. lime green uniform matchup. 

The Giants will not wear their color rush white in the London game called Rams.     Regular road uniforms. That's a Sunday morning.  

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

19 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

The Giants will not wear their color rush white in the London game called Rams.     Regular road uniforms. That's a Sunday morning.  

Ahh yes, my bad, I forgot about that. It's listed as part of the TNF schedule so it was an oversight on my part that it was a London game. The Rams will most likely not get to wear their yellow uniforms against the Seahawks' lime green uniforms so they will be relegated to wearing all white for color rush this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived