Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way that's legit. Like BBTV said, the Steelers have confirmed it won't be yellow, and the Jets and Bills won't be green and red. And there's no way the Raiders would wear gold. Isn't the whole point of Color Rush to connect with the fans and show pride in their team's colors? Gold accomplishes none of that, and would likely piss off quite a few people. And NINE teams would be wearing some shade of yellow/gold according to that sheet. Possibly even 10, depending on what the Ravens do.

Thank Glob that Washington seems to be spared from this mess, though.

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, burgundy said:

there's no way the Raiders would wear gold. Isn't the whole point of Color Rush to connect with the fans and show pride in their team's colors?

No.  It's not.

Especially when they've been talking about historical colors from the very beginning. 

43 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Where does it say that? They're not even in any TNF games, and isn't Color Rush limited to TNF?

Not technically, but they play on Thanksgiving.

33 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The Raiders play TNF on December 8th. 

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/14/nfl-2016-thursday-night-football-schedule

I was talking about Washington, since I thought Ashes of Astroworld's post was in response to my "Thank Glob that Washington seems to be spared from this mess" comment. Though maybe he was talking about the Raiders. (And now I really hope he was talking about the Raiders.)

spacer.png

1 hour ago, StrongXStyle said:

would the Texans consider taking back the Oilers name if their Luv Ya Blue Color rush gets a positive response?

No. 

In fact, reaction has not been positive to say the least. Not many want us to wear the colors of the team that told our town to eff off. 

4 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I was talking about Washington, since I thought Ashes of Astroworld's post was in response to my "Thank Glob that Washington seems to be spared from this mess" comment. Though maybe he was talking about the Raiders. (And now I really hope he was talking about the Raiders.)

Nope, I walking about Washington. 

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Gotcha.

I don't know why Washington doesn't have one - in recent years every single team was guaranteed a Thursday night game. 

They're playing on Thanksgiving. Not part of TNF, but will be color rush nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Nope, I walking about Washington. 

They're playing on Thanksgiving. Not part of TNF, but will be color rush nonetheless.

So, where did you see that Washington is wearing black?

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Raiders in gold? WHAT THE :censored:

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. We play the Chiefs and the chart says Yellow for them. It's clear this list is BS.

The list says its subject to change, so they will be tweaking it. They do not want a repeat of the colorblind incident. You could be in all silver in the final product. Not mention they have to modify for contrast. Not to mention gold with the silver helmet? How the hell would that even be possible?

3 minutes ago, burgundy said:

So, where did you see that Washington is wearing black?

According to the leaker.

I'm surprised y'all aren't in all-gold or even all-burgundy.

2 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

According to the leaker.

I'm surprised y'all aren't in all-gold or even all-burgundy.

A second page? That makes me even MORE skeptical of that list's legitamacy. Why would they take the time to nicely present all of that, only for two teams to be left on a second page? That's some shoddy page layout.

spacer.png

You're idiots if you're concerned about that graphic.  Already proven inaccurate.

Things might (and probably will) end up being terrible, but that graphic doesn't indicate anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Is there any reason the Redskins would wear all black when it's clearly not even part of their color scheme?

They almost changed the uniforms in the early 2000s, and they would have heavily featured black. The uniforms were nixed, but a lot of the sideline and fan appearel has featured black ever since.

Or if you're Jim Zorn, it's because their colors are maroon and black.

spacer.png

Archived